Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

OEM LED fog light kit installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 07:19 PM
Default OEM LED fog light kit installation

Hi!
There's MZ360481EX, LED fog lights kit for 2016 Outlander Sport, maybe others. I have a rotary fog light switch in my 2016 Outlander Sport ES without fog lights. Any ideas whether I would be able to install the kit and everything would work as expected without any dealership involvement? Any way to have a look at the installation manual before buying? Thanks!

Old 04-03-2017, 11:14 AM

On my 2010 Outlander ES,. I bought the kit myself (lights and new stalk for the rotary switch) & installed at a local car shop. On mine, the fog lights did need to be programmed in by the dealer (special MUT-III tool that "activates" the lights). Even though it took less than 30 seconds, they charged $60 just for that. But, what can you do?

There was a 2008 Outlander PDF foglight install manual floating around the internet that actually mentioned both the MUT-III activation or a "combo step process" (like left door open, in park, press info 4 times and hold for 10 seconds). But, on the 2010, only the MUT-III option was available.

I did a quick Google search on your kit, but I didn't see one come up quickly. But it's probably out there.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by ikjadoon
On my 2010 Outlander ES,. I bought the kit myself (lights and new stalk for the rotary switch) & installed at a local car shop. On mine, the fog lights did need to be programmed in by the dealer (special MUT-III tool that "activates" the lights). Even though it took less than 30 seconds, they charged $60 just for that. But, what can you do?

There was a 2008 Outlander PDF foglight install manual floating around the internet that actually mentioned both the MUT-III activation or a "combo step process" (like left door open, in park, press info 4 times and hold for 10 seconds). But, on the 2010, only the MUT-III option was available.

I did a quick Google search on your kit, but I didn't see one come up quickly. But it's probably out there.
Not a criticism, but throwing it out for future people looking to do this. You can get the hardware for ETACS Decoder and do it yourself. I haven't done it yet as I'm okay so far with the options I have...

Old 04-03-2017, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by ccernst
Not a criticism, but throwing it out for future people looking to do this. You can get the hardware for ETACS Decoder and do it yourself. I haven't done it yet as I'm okay so far with the options I have...
No, no criticism. This is great to know. I actually saw this thread, but the warnings freaked me out a bit:

https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...ization-40223/

I totally forgot about it, but you're right: it looks like it is definitely a viable option for OP & others in the future.