Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

oem oil filter 2007 outlander ls... where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Default oem oil filter 2007 outlander ls... where to buy?

hello everyone,

does anyone knows the best place (price and shipping) to buy oem oil filter for 2007 ls outlander 6 cylinder? perhaps online as i live in winnipeg, canada. or even local if someone from winnipeg knows where to get it locally? i decided to do my oil changes diy as i went yesterday at the dealer and dealer charged me $55. dealer currently sells oil filter for $20.

Also, i hope this doesnt void my warranty. i do know i have to use 5w20 for oil and planning to use mobil1 as i heard it's good brand. please confirm this.

thank you.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:12 PM

20 cad$ for an OEM oil filter? that's a lot of money for one denso oem filter. it usually cost around 5us$ here.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Banned

Why not just pick up a K&N and call it a day?

Using a different filter won't void your warranty. Just make sure you keep up to date with your oil changes.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:23 PM

K&N is a nice filter.

Watch for deals at Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Very often they have nice deals on 5 quarts of oil and a filter.

Just make sure to stay away from FRAM filters.

Good filters - K&N, Purolator PureONE (you can find these cheap on Amazon.com), Mobil1.

I like the K&N one because it is longer and is easier to install/remove on an Outlander - the filter location is a little obscured by the metallic spout and a shorter filter is hard to reach behind that spout.

Save your oil receipts and take pictures of your oil changes. You can also save the filter packaging (write the date of your oil change on each)

Old 10-11-2009, 09:49 PM

thanks for the reply so far.

it's hard to get oem filters here for mits outlander as they dont carry them in store the last time i checked.

wasnt using non-oem oil filter will prompt for future problems with warranty issues with mits? i do like to use k&n as i know it's good but dealer told me to use oem and make sure oil is 5w20.

it's pretty steep maintaining the outlander here in canada as dealer will try to take an arm and leg? ( i asked them how much is 30k miles maintenance and told me $800++, wow!)

what is the part # for oem oil filter?

thanks again.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:24 PM

You sure you didn't get a BMW or Audi? 'Cause that's what your dealer maintenance prices sound like.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:45 AM

i always take my car to a friends shop to do oil changes
faster and cheaper to do oil changes
friend charges me about 30 bucks to do oil change

Old 10-12-2009, 03:50 PM

good point as that's what i told the dealer. even told them that next time i might just go to toyota for maintenance.

Originally Posted by ruski
You sure you didn't get a BMW or Audi? 'Cause that's what your dealer maintenance prices sound like.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:45 PM
tcp
Default wow.

Both mitsu dealers in Calgary sell the oil filters for Approx $8.50. Try another dealer.

Originally Posted by judgfm
thanks for the reply so far.

it's hard to get oem filters here for mits outlander as they dont carry them in store the last time i checked.

wasnt using non-oem oil filter will prompt for future problems with warranty issues with mits? i do like to use k&n as i know it's good but dealer told me to use oem and make sure oil is 5w20.

it's pretty steep maintaining the outlander here in canada as dealer will try to take an arm and leg? ( i asked them how much is 30k miles maintenance and told me $800++, wow!)

what is the part # for oem oil filter?

thanks again.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Banned

5w20 and a K&N filter, and call it a day.

Quick Reply: oem oil filter 2007 outlander ls... where to buy?