Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

off the line performance

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 05:08 PM
Default off the line performance

What options do I have "readily" available to upgrade for better performance from a dead stop. I unfortunately have the auto transmission as manual wasn't an option at the time of purchase, however, would love to have it. Are there any fairly economical upgrades? I have a magnaflow muffler, K&N, and a Tornado by way of recycling from another vehicle. I don't want to disable my car by sending the ECU out to be reprogrammed and have heard nothing much on the piggy backs. I don't want to mess with the internals of the engine, but the injection system may be an option. I don't want to blow the 100k mile warranty either. Asking a lot, huh...LOL
Thanks for any help.

Old 12-22-2005, 05:09 PM
Default RE: off the line performance

BTW, I have an 04 Outlander LS AWD 2.4 mivec.

Old 12-22-2005, 06:58 PM
drh

ORIGINAL: dirtwagon

What options do I have "readily" available to upgrade for better performance from a dead stop. I unfortunately have the auto transmission as manual wasn't an option at the time of purchase, however, would love to have it. Are there any fairly economical upgrades? I have a magnaflow muffler, K&N, and a Tornado by way of recycling from another vehicle. I don't want to disable my car by sending the ECU out to be reprogrammed and have heard nothing much on the piggy backs. I don't want to mess with the internals of the engine, but the injection system may be an option. I don't want to blow the 100k mile warranty either. Asking a lot, huh...LOL
Thanks for any help.
how does the magnaflow sound with this car?

Old 12-22-2005, 08:33 PM

it will be very hard to feel a difference with the awd system. especially through the butt dyno. maybe with a 2wd system you could feel minor upgrades like the tb coolant bypass, intake, and muffler, but since it is awd probably not much. this should be true cuz i sure did feel an improvement on my system but due to rising gas prices i took most of the mods off.

Old 12-22-2005, 11:52 PM

The Magnaflow sounds pretty good. I didn't want anything too loud and annoying and it suits me great. I didn't do anything but switch the muffler. It is by no means a honda fart cannon. Unfortunately, I don't have a means of uploading a sound clip. Sorry. It has a low tone and a little bit of bass resonance when you downshift. Just enough to say performance.

Old 12-24-2005, 07:03 PM

BTW, I have an 04 Outlander LS AWD 2.4 mivec.
I have this. nothing short of engine swap will help this vehicle. lol so I decided not to perfromance enhance this car any further.

in all honsety this is my ideal family car. not too small, not too big, its AWD, in auto. i put in a decent sound system and keep with the maintainence. this should be my child(ren)'s trainer in the future.

If I do manage to get myself a fun car, it will either be a RWD domes (GTO or such) or another AWD car (evo or wrx... or something else in the future)

Old 01-05-2006, 12:47 PM
JMC

engine swap or import the turbo.........

Old 01-13-2006, 01:18 PM

with the mivec engine, i'll go with electronic ( i.e. ignition amp.) also ralliart intake will fit your outtie mivec (uhh...its a mivec duhh!!) for muffler er' exhaust system, try flowmaster / magna flow. ( dont forget the system) also ground wires will add some h.p.'s. sluggs (turbo) is the best way to unleash power, go get some and make sure its mivec compatible turbo.

Old 01-20-2006, 04:21 PM

Is the ralliart intake just a mitsubishi version of the k&N CAI? I was going to do an intake swap but don't expect more than 2HP from that transaction. Turbo's a great idea, but investing 3K isn't my idea of a great time. I thought about ERAM's, but only functional at WOT doesn't help much, then I'm at WOT all the time...lol. Are the ground wires worthwhile without the ignition amp? Where can I find the ignition amp?

Old 01-28-2006, 01:26 PM

Is the ralliart intake just a mitsubishi version of the k&N CAI? I was going to do an intake swap but don't expect more than 2HP from that transaction. Turbo's a great idea, but investing 3K isn't my idea of a great time. I thought about ERAM's, but only functional at WOT doesn't help much, then I'm at WOT all the time...lol. Are the ground wires worthwhile without the ignition amp? Where can I find the ignition amp?
go w/ the ground wires system ( universal 5 points sys.) for ignitions, check msd...also AEM offers a system for coil packs. now for the intakes, theres a big diffrence. for I-4'S engines, the mass is located up front, while the mivec mass is located "on top " of the system. ( just like the nissan's mass) or celica's vvti. now the eRAM system is a good one, trust me i, had the site for more than 4 yrs. now. but still cant buy one, the reason is install problem. some sez' too easy, but the other half sez' too complicated. but its a good investment for your outtie. also try racing filter ( intake system) one w/ stainless body filter, this will boost up 10 % extras...but uhh just beware, this filter is for track use only.( and who cares?? had mine for a yr. now) besides, my smog check is o.k. till 07...

Quick Reply: off the line performance