Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Off Roaders?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Default Off Roaders?

Is anyone else out there using there Outlander for offroading would love to hear about the experiences others have had and what you have done for mods to make your outlander more off road friendly.

Not talking about throwing a bull bar on so your outlander looks like it goes off road but actually getting down and dirty with the rocks, trees and mud. Maybe your bag is snow and ice or the dry heat of the desert.

The outlanders tag line is to out everything so lets hear about how your using your outlander to get to those places that the others don't go on a regular basis.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Default RE: Off Roaders?

I wish I could find the time to try some light off-roading. One thing I would be concerned about is the OEM mudguards which can get damaged and potentially cause damage to the bumper they are attached to.

Last winter I did some deep snow driving and it was great - I didn't have any troubles although I still run on the stock tires.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:50 PM

DoDo where do you hail from that your doing deep snow driving. North East US by any chance. If so once the snow starts maybe we can get our rides together and share some tracks. Would make some good video footage.

As far as the mudguards go I got them on my ride and Im far from gentle on my car and there still there. Granted I have had the sunroof wind deflector ripped off twice, had the spare tire blown out because its silly mounting position, and lost a number of window wind deflectors.

Your not off roading till you break something or have a couple battle scars on your ride from a good day of off roading!

Old 09-12-2008, 06:59 AM

I'm in Toronto, Canada. We got lots of snow last winter.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:53 AM

Maybe we could find a couple people together to do a weekend of light offroading. I can't image out of everyone on this forum me and you are the only one willing to get there rigs dirty.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:57 AM

I'm in the Ottawa/Gatineau Region in canada did some deep snow driving too last winter was really nice and fun.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:14 AM

So the question I have is would anyone be interested in doing a weekend gathering sometime; seems deep snow driving is popular thing to do up there in canada? Im fully open to a road trip to get a couple of use together to get some fun video footage.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:00 PM

ORIGINAL: azchipka

... seems deep snow driving is popular thing to do up there in canada?
LOL.... it's by naturenot by choice.

You have to get around duringor immediately after a snowstorm, which we had plenty of last winter.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:03 PM

I think if we drive far enough north finding deep snow shouldn't be that much of a problem. Half the fun in a road trip is getting there.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:03 PM

You guys could meet half way, in Montreal (Where I am)and I might be able to make join your guys. If it's like last winter you don't need to drive very far north.

Quick Reply: Off Roaders?