Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

OpenPort, ECUFlash, and the Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 11:00 AM
Default OpenPort, ECUFlash, and the Outlander

http://www.tactrix.com

Anyone ever use OpenPort 2.0 with ECUFlash to read/inspect/log/flash their Outie or any other Mitsu model? I’m assuming this is similar to VAG-Com which I’ve used for my Jetta TDI. The dealerships use the MUT-III… it’s a standalone system for like $5k… yikes!

Any other options for Mitsubishi CAN-bus based vehicles (specifically Outlander GT, but they seem to be pretty generic with their ECUs and ETACs since 2004).

From what I've been reading, it seems that the ECUFlash program will "support" just about any vehicle, but it doesn't have a definition file out of the box... doesn't mean I can't put one together based on my current file (which I don't actually have yet, since I'm still waiting for delivery of my vehicle).

Old 03-30-2010, 01:27 PM

It's the one posted in the sticky topic "Workshop/User Manual- Download."
The cables should work, along with software such as this:
http://www.limitless.co.nz/
However, I believe the issue is that there doesn't exist any software which allows you to actually change settings. Most just allow for a pure ECU flashing and reading of ECU maps. Likewise, the one above allows you to activate injectors/do a brake bleed and some other tasks.
I was trying to find software for the EVO which may have these features, but didn't find any. The EVO has the most software for it out of all Mitsubishi cars.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:11 AM

Thanks... good info.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:51 AM

Thread revival .....
Recuses..

Oh hey guys any new info available and is there now the ability to actually change the maps etc nw in the Mitsi outlanders etc??
We have Evo scan open port , a dyno, and a link ecu genius so hoping we can actually change data