Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander 2014 RF Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Default Outlander 2014 RF Head Unit

I am looking into purchasing a new 2014 Outlander GT. I see with the new head unit they seemed to have dropped the hard drive that stores the Navigation and music server (your MP3's stored on the hard drive) in favor of an SD card reader. Does anyone have this head unit and do you know the max storage capacity card that this unit will accept.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by brianwis
I am looking into purchasing a new 2014 Outlander GT. I see with the new head unit they seemed to have dropped the hard drive that stores the Navigation and music server (your MP3's stored on the hard drive) in favor of an SD card reader. Does anyone have this head unit and do you know the max storage capacity card that this unit will accept.
my wife has it, haven't really tested it yet, only had a 2g card lying around, we only put pics on it though because one of the sales people said you could use photos off it to put into the head unit, was highly dubious of that and of course taht wasn't the case, but since we use the usb for music haven't tried it for that. i think i remember it in the manual, i'll try to remember to check it when i get home

there's actually 2 sd slots, one for the nav maps thats already occupied, then the user accessible slot

Old 11-07-2013, 09:41 PM

Can't say what the max is. I use 16GB SD cards in mine all the time. I have noticed that the more music you store on a SD the slower it is on startup before it starts playing. Not as bad as having a loaded down iPod connected, but still slow.

I'm pretty picky about my car stereos and have been extremely pleased with the unit in my GT.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:46 AM

Hi guys, does anyone know if the new outlander has a dvd player in the head unit?

Old 11-12-2013, 08:05 AM

No it does not.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:51 PM

I just purchased the 2014 Outlander GT with RF head unit with GPS and it says in the owners manual the max capacity for the SDHC card is 32 GB for those who may want to know. The dealer told me 64 GB, but again what do they know. This was after they said they didn't have a clue and looked it up on google and came back with that as an answer.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
No it does not.
Well thats pretty crap considering the older model has it!

Old 11-13-2013, 08:43 AM

Wanna trade?

Honestly I don't see why we still have to pay for those stone age relics (I mean optical drives itself).
What could be more stupid than having a removable storage with moving parts?

Old 11-15-2013, 02:12 PM

Is it possible to connect a dvd player up to new outlander MMCS screen somehow? maybe via aux or usb or something? Sorry I just bought a brand new 2014 model and dont want to ripping things out and what not before i know it can or cant be done

Old 11-15-2013, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sifu
Is it possible to connect a dvd player up to new outlander MMCS screen somehow? maybe via aux or usb or something? Sorry I just bought a brand new 2014 model and dont want to ripping things out and what not before i know it can or cant be done

not thru aux or usb, so i'm going to go out on a limb here and say you aren't going to be able to watch videos on it (could the previous one even do that? not sure why anyone would want too.....)

Quick Reply: Outlander 2014 RF Head Unit