Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander + 4wd lock + good snow tires = beast

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012 | 01:21 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ryandlor
Duh....Geolandars....

get snows genius
Wow! What an attitude you have.

Old 02-09-2012 | 03:45 PM
|

Originally Posted by pilcan
Wow! What an attitude you have.
Well c'mon man, u live in Canada...I'd expect better from you.

What makes people think awd makes a difference if you dont have snow tires?

Old 02-09-2012 | 05:05 PM

my Hankook optimo all seasons took on the blizzard new yorkers had last year. we had over 2 feet of snow, no problems at all. Very impressed on the winter performance on the truck and tires.

Old 02-29-2012 | 02:34 PM

Are your snow tires mounted on separate rims? Did you have to get them from mitsubishi? Do you need to buy an additional set of tire pressure monitor transmitters? This seems to make the whole winter tire idea cost prohibitive.

2011 RVR.

Old 02-29-2012 | 03:23 PM
|

Originally Posted by ideasinwood
Are your snow tires mounted on separate rims? Did you have to get them from mitsubishi? Do you need to buy an additional set of tire pressure monitor transmitters? This seems to make the whole winter tire idea cost prohibitive.

2011 RVR.
Where do you live? Does it snow or get below 5 degrees? then yes you need snow tires. Snow tires are manadotry in certain parts of Canada.

Mine are on separate rims, you can get steel rims for $40.

You can buy tires/wheels anywhere almost

If you want to keep stock rims and just change tires then no you dont need new TPMS

If you get new rims, then you need tpms. I dont because i can tell when my tires need air as 99% of us should be able to.

Actually having 2 sets of tires extends the life of you tires, becasue all seasons wear faster in cold conditions.

Old 02-29-2012 | 05:44 PM

well i just came back from a Montreal trip and guess who came with me, you guessed right my outlander. went skiing last friday at mont-tre-blanc "sorry if misspelled". Friday night on the drive home to St. Adele, 6 inches of fresh powder had fallen all over including wind gusts of 50 mph. all i have to say is wow, my baby took it like a champ. grant it i was extremely careful and wasn't speeding or making stupid moves, but i had no slippage while driving them crazy mountain curves and steep hills, except for one seriously dangerous down hill where it slipped about 5 feet but traction control kicked in along with my skills and got it in control quickly. this is all on Hankook Optimo all season tires. let just say i give you Canadians credit for the bad weather driving you must go threw sometimes. But i can only imagine this truck on some good snow tires indeed it would be a beast.

Old 03-01-2012 | 04:15 PM
Default tpms

Originally Posted by ryandlor
Where do you live? Does it snow or get below 5 degrees? then yes you need snow tires. Snow tires are manadotry in certain parts of Canada.

Mine are on separate rims, you can get steel rims for $40.

You can buy tires/wheels anywhere almost

If you want to keep stock rims and just change tires then no you dont need new TPMS

If you get new rims, then you need tpms. I dont because i can tell when my tires need air as 99% of us should be able to.

Actually having 2 sets of tires extends the life of you tires, becasue all seasons wear faster in cold conditions.
I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I'm a firm believer in winter tires and have them on my other vehicle. I like them on separate rims so I can pop them on or off in my garage. When you put your winter rims on, minus tpms sensors, does the idiot light stay on all winter long? That would bug me. Personally I don't really need the tpms thing. I check my tire pressures every month or two and have never had a problem.

Old 03-01-2012 | 10:07 PM
|

Originally Posted by ideasinwood
I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I'm a firm believer in winter tires and have them on my other vehicle. I like them on separate rims so I can pop them on or off in my garage. When you put your winter rims on, minus tpms sensors, does the idiot light stay on all winter long? That would bug me. Personally I don't really need the tpms thing. I check my tire pressures every month or two and have never had a problem.
ya crappy service light stays on.

Old 03-01-2012 | 10:34 PM

If you have the Lexia device, you can turn off TPMS.

Old 03-02-2012 | 03:02 AM

Here is my car with snow tires.
Winter tires on separate disks.
In the summer is stored in the garage. With the advent of winter, he rented summer tires with wheels and winter tires put on the disks.
The work lasts 30 minutes.
Check the tire pressure gauge individual 1-2 times a week.

Attached Thumbnails Outlander + 4wd lock + good snow tires = beast-imgp3549.jpg   Outlander + 4wd lock + good snow tires = beast-imgp3553.jpg   Outlander + 4wd lock + good snow tires = beast-imgp3551.jpg   Outlander + 4wd lock + good snow tires = beast-imgp3552.jpg  

Quick Reply: Outlander + 4wd lock + good snow tires = beast