Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 02:16 PM
Default Outlander

Hi folks
I'm a mitsubishi virgin.I have purchased an outlander warrior on a 59 plate.picking it up weds.it has full service history and the timing belt has been done.
I read that there are very few mechanical issues and reliability is good.many negative comments on fuel consumption.
I would appreciate a heads up as to whether they are prone to anything.
Thanks

Andy

Old 12-06-2016, 10:04 AM

Just bought my wife an '07 this weekend, the used car dealer told me that they burn oil after I changed it and found less than a quart of oil in it... he could have been lying about that though.

Can anyone confirm if the Outlanders are known to burn oil?

Old 12-06-2016, 08:46 PM

Earlier this year I got my wife an 07 after selling her 03. The 03 didn't burn any oil from what I remembered. I have only changed my 07's oil once and it's a pain to read that dipstick.

I will be changing the oil again this weekend but from periodically checking it didn't seem to be burning any oil but again to read that dipstick is a pain. I suggest leaving it to sit for a while then checking it. Ignore the oil that streaks above the bend, just look for a solid oil line (if that helps...lol)

I also have an 04 lancer and that thing doesn't burn any oil whatsoever. So my mitsubishis have been good when it comes to that, only wish their catalytic converters lasted longer. I had a Honda Prelude and that thing was notorious for burning oil.

Old 12-06-2016, 10:56 PM

Mine does not burn oil. Meticulous maintenance.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by gulleyman
Just bought my wife an '07 this weekend, the used car dealer told me that they burn oil after I changed it and found less than a quart of oil in it... he could have been lying about that though.

Can anyone confirm if the Outlanders are known to burn oil?
Yours is a petrol motor compared to the original guys post which is a diesel.Not sure what that engine is like compared to the UK engines as even here the petrol is only a 4 cylinder here. I think you guys get the V6.

The diesel is a good motor but Mitsubishi have used 3 different engine manufacturers for their engines. The original 2.0 diesel was a VW motor and a good engine but a little under powered. The next was a Peugeot/Citroen engine and again a good engine. The last one is the Mitsubishi MIVEC diesel motor. The earlier Mitsubishi engine is 177BHP and is a cracking engine with loads of torque. It feels stronger than the numbers suggest. Then they detuned it a little with the newest ones but it is the same engine. ALL have good reliability from what I have read while looking at which model to get. We ended up with a 60 plate (2011) GX4 diesel and it is a stunning car.