Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander alignment problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Default Outlander alignment problem

Does anyone have an idea what could cure a nagging pull left on my 06 Outlander? The alignment has been checked twice but the pull continues. The printout looks within spec except for the right rear toe which is barely out of spec. The outside of the left front tire seems to be scrubbing yet the specs say it's OK. Does Mitsubishi have any kits to correct this? The local dealer has not been of help with this issue.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Default RE: Outlander alignment problem

2006 Outlander? Where are you located?

Old 12-15-2008, 04:47 PM

You no doubt need two things....First, camber kits on each front strut. Second, a good collisiom shop to do the alignment. Those guys know how to make them go straight.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:59 PM

I bought a 2008 Outlander XLS three weeks ago. Although we may have a different suspension/frames I have noticed a pull to the left. It doesn't appear to be engine torque. I took it into the dealer who found no problem. It was in spec. Theproblem appears to be intermitent. I believe my issue may be the wider P225/55R18. The dealer checked the tire pressures. If nothing is wrong with my vehicleI have toassume it may be the deep ruts in the Alaskan roads caused by excessive studded tire wear. I am waiting to hear what you find.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:17 PM

I drive a 2008 Outlanderwith just 4,000 miles on it and I too have the pull to the left! Especially at highway speeds of 70+ MPH. No ruts in the road here in New Jersey to cause it. Our roads are smooth and flat. It also appears to be intermittent. It really is annoying! Yesterday on a 5 hr. trip my wrist got tired from holding the steering wheel straight.... I thought that maybe a steel band slipped in one of my front tires.... If anyone gets this resolved... Let us know! Is there a shim kit for the front suspension that is neededand available? Help us please!

Old 12-28-2008, 02:19 PM

if the road is slightly banked to the left, cars will really pull left. and it is difficult to notice slightly banked roads. try other highways and see if it still pulls to the left. i also have this problem on my way to work and realized it's beacuase of the road.

JC Dac

Old 12-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

When the dealer did the alignment, did they only check toe and camber? B/c if the caster is out of spec it will make a car pull.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:33 PM

Some roads will have a slight bank to them for water drainage when it rains, or snow is melting. Also on a 4 lane road the right hand lanes are usually in worse shapethan the left lanes (and could cause pulling) becausethe semi truck traffic travels mostly in the right lanes.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:43 AM

I'm sure it is NONE of these issues with the road. Banked road for water drainage, ruts, bumps, this is NOT a road surface issue! That sounds like what a dealer would say!.... On my 5 hr. trip from NJ to Rhode Island there were parts of the hwy that were 5 lanes wide and freshly paved with asphalt. On these stretches of hwy, when I drove in the farright lane andlet go of the wheel,the vehicle drifted all the way over to the left shoulder lane! And not just a little bit at a time.... The vehicle would drift from the right lane, across 4 lanes to the left lane in just 3 seconds..... but it NEVER drifts to the right. Even when driving in the right lane. So the road crown theroy is bunk (or the vehicle would have drifted onto the right shoulder, right?). Some thing is DEFINATELY wrong with the alignment. I will visit a collision shop this week to have those guys check it out.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:07 PM

This is normal. Prior to my 07 Outlander I had brand new 06 TSX which had exact same symptom, I took it numerous times to dealer to check the alignment problem etc... but all it was just a sensitive steering to road shape... I no longer pay attention to the pull.

Quick Reply: Outlander alignment problem