Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander Diesel Auto Non-starter after Battery Change

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 02:59 PM
Default Outlander Diesel Auto Non-starter after Battery Change

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Diesel Automatic

I changed the battery on Friday following the starter button light flickering on green and failing to start. Now the car won't start and ignition button won't light. Radio or air con won't come on as well. Front lights work but rear and brake lights don't. Electric tailgate works and car locks/unlocks on button. I have checked fuses but all seem fine. Whilst tightening the negative terminal I brushed something, possible a ring, against positive and got a momentary spark, very brief but as I say I've went over fuses and all seems to be in order. Unfortunately there is no manual key slot just push button start. I am at a loss to understand what the problem could be. Any help greatly appreciated.

Old 12-24-2018, 01:07 AM

Hi there, have you checked the voltage to confirm that the original battery was actually knackered? Was the car definitely in Park or Neutral with the brake pedal pressed when trying to start? (It won’t start if in gear). Have you checked all fuses and relays under the bonnet as well as the fuses behind the dash? Have you checked for any damaged wires coming off the battery? Do you have a multimeter to check for voltage at the starter motor?