Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander GT tire recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Default Outlander GT tire recommendations

My US Outie GT has 40,000 miles. The GoodYear Eagles are toast. Choices are limited with the 18 inch wheels. What has everyone tried for their replacements?
I do live in Wisconsin so winter performance is essential. Most of my driving is around town. I like quiet. Love the performance of this car and don't want to lose that. Obviously long live is nice. I know, no perfect tire. My car came from the factory out of alignment so that cut my GoodYear's life short. I rotated them every 5 thousand but got cupping.
I have looked at Michelin Hydroedge, GoodYear assurance touring comfort and have heard good things about the Hankook optimos.
Thanks for any input.
Chek6

Last edited by chek6; 04-13-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:28 PM

235/55/18?

I tried Falken Ziex 912 - they were good while they lasted, but they only lasted 1 year (20K miles).

I now have Kelly Navigator Touring Gold. They are good so far. Haven't had them long enough to judge the wear.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:31 PM

I am also wondering about the Nitto that shows up among the threads on this forum:
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...1&prx_t=776257

seems nice

Old 04-12-2012, 09:48 PM

Didn't you mean 225/55-18?

Old 04-13-2012, 02:17 PM

20K ouch. I heard good things about the Kellys.
Good luck and thanks for the feedback!
Chek6

Old 04-13-2012, 02:22 PM

I decided on the Hancook Optimo 727s. Have read excellent reviews and they carry a 100,000 mile warrantee. (I know, for what thats worth) I will let you know. They go on Tuesday. 30 day ride policy so I will let you know if I need to switch.
Thanks
Chek6

Old 04-14-2012, 02:21 PM

Mine came with the Falken's on it (8/32) tread life. They were not nice in the winter (Minnesota). Barely touching the brakes would cause me to start sliding on the smallest amount of snow and forget turning a corner, the wheels turn and the Outtie went straight.

I got the Michelin Primacy MX.... and I really like them. I have the Goodyear Assurance Comfortread on my wife's Rav4 (and on my previous Grand Prix) and I liked them

Old 04-15-2012, 07:31 AM

I had a VW Passat like that. Lived in Maine. Came with Pirellis. Dangerous to drive even in 2 inches of snow. Switched to Vredlsteins (sp?). Became one of the best all weather cars I have owned. I have the 30 day try out. If I am not happy with the Hancooks, I am considering the Good Year Comfort tred. How do they corner? I love the handling of my Outie and have heard the Good Years were a little mushy in the corners. Thoughts? Thanks for your help.
Check6

Old 04-15-2012, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by chek6
I had a VW Passat like that. Lived in Maine. Came with Pirellis. Dangerous to drive even in 2 inches of snow. Switched to Vredlsteins (sp?). Became one of the best all weather cars I have owned. I have the 30 day try out. If I am not happy with the Hancooks, I am considering the Good Year Comfort tred. How do they corner? I love the handling of my Outie and have heard the Good Years were a little mushy in the corners. Thoughts? Thanks for your help.
Check6
Vredestein Sessanta are one of the best tires out there. I put them a year ago on my GTO and am still loving them.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:24 PM

Got the Hancook Optimos on. Got a few hundred on them. Even had some surprise snow and slush here in Wisconsin.
First impression. Very very quiet. Ride is Great. Good in rain and slush.
Only complaint? And its not big. The handling isn't as precise. Its not bad. It isnt exactly "wallowy". I love this car, in part, because of its great handling. These tires do not squeal around curves but the only way I can describe it is they don't feel as precise on the highway at speed. It may very well be an acceptable tradeoff given all of the other great qualities. That and the 100,000 mile warrantee. I have 30 days to say yay or nay. I will keep you updated.
Yall be safe out there,
Check6

Quick Reply: Outlander GT tire recommendations