Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander owner from Down Under

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Default Outlander owner from Down Under

Hi Guys,

Just introducing myself, quite new to this forum. Just recently bought an Outlander VRX (7 seat w/ RSE and Rockford Fosgate sound system) which is similar to the US spec XLS (which in Australia is the top model for 4 cylinder Outie 2007 model).

It's quite interesting to know the difference in some of the specs for Outlander in different parts of the world but I think that some of the modifications that you are discussing in this forum is quite applicable to all Outlander regardless which side of the world you are in. Some of the tips that were also posted makes me quite excited to know if it works on my car (especially the heated mirror mystery).

Anyway, a good dose of practical and proven information would just make the ownership of my car more interesting and who knows I might also be able to share a thing or two on this forum.

Thanks,

VRX26

Old 06-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Default RE: Outlander owner from Down Under

Welcome! I just got a new one too, and loving it so far.

Old 06-30-2007, 05:34 PM

Welcome - so what engine comes with the VRX?

Old 06-30-2007, 08:23 PM

Welcome. We are getting close to covering the world on this forum.

Old 07-01-2007, 03:04 AM

It's a V6 Mivec engine similar to US spec.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:47 PM

welcome.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:48 PM

Hey there, What part of Australia you from?

And I for one am curious as to how much a Nudge bar, with lights, plus headlight protectors, fog light bezels, and neoprene seat covers would run. I can do the conversions. Australia has way cooler accesories than stateside.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:59 AM

Hi there, I am from Melbourne. There's a handful of accessories available for Outlanders here in Australia butcost a lot if you get it from dealers. There's still not much supplier that I am aware of selling accessories for the new Outie (there's a lot though for the series 1).

Old 08-12-2007, 10:43 PM
tcp

Hello,
My family spent the month of March touring Australia...we loved it!!!
I first saw the 2007 Outlander on display at the Adelaide airport (Right hand drive) and we bought one here in Calgary in late June (left hand drive). Just wondering if your Outlander is made in Japan or at the large factory in Adelaide(correct me if it is elsewhere). There are so many Mitsubishis in Australia it was amazing. Our rentals were always 380s and the fine 6 speed Auto transmission that these had were one of the selling points for our Outie. We love it. Unfortunately my wife is loving it too, which means I get to drive it less.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:49 AM

Hi there,

It's imported from Japan. Mitsubishi Australia only build Mitsubishi 380's (Galant in other countries) in Adelaide. All other models like Triton, Pajero, Grandis and Lancer are also all imported from Japan.

Quick Reply: Outlander owner from Down Under