Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander satnav software upgrade

Old 01-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Default Outlander satnav software upgrade

I have a '08 Outlander and I require a map up-grade on my sat-nav. Dealer states that I will have to pay up to £300 to do this??? He states that you need to obtain a software disc to do this!! Is this true, if so can the disc be obtained elsewhere (cheaper as well!!)

If not, how do you up-grade and can the info be obtained from the web??

Any help on this matter is much appreciated......

Old 01-14-2010, 12:08 PM

True.

I have an 09 Outlander, and it came with 06 maps.

You need to buy the disc and it comes with a "key" that plugs into your nav unit. (Open the screen and look at the bottom, the plug looks like a headphone jack)

This key is good for a onetime upgrade, and keeps people from sharing their navigation discs.

People are still working on work arounds for this, but not much luck so far

Old 01-14-2010, 01:23 PM

Since people know how to unlock the hard drive, can't someone unlock an upgraded one and copy all the files over? Shouldn't be too hard if that is the only thing in place to prevent free upgrades.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:51 PM

That would probably work ivanz, but no one has offered up there unlocked HDD with the updated map on it.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:56 AM
Thumbs up Map upgrade

Many thanks to all for your input.
Does anyone know where I can buy the disc direct without the dealer getting his wack? !!!!
It strikes me as very stupid to sell an 08 car with 06 software surely the dealer could have updated the software at point of sale or within the 1st year!
I bought this car when it was 7 months old if I had been buying it new I would have expected more updated equipment!
Thanks again
slidann52

Old 01-18-2010, 01:14 PM

I would be willing to share the cost to buy a set of maps, then have someone (perhaps O) to figure out how to copy it from one hard drive to another by taking it out. I have to take it out soon, as i want to add a backup camera and will need to pull the nav to plug in the RCA cable.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:53 AM
Default Sat Nav updates

This caught me by surprise. Naively I thought main dealers would update the satnav as part of the annual maintenance. I'm a little wiser now. However my local main dealer has quoated GBP150 to provide the latest update, which is better than some figures above. Still seems a complete rip-off, especially when the satnav doesn't recognise UK post codes!

Old 08-31-2017, 10:40 AM

I have a smashed rear right tail light on my 2014 Outlander Phev. Having trouble getting a replacement on line. Also how do I update my Sat Nav when there is no make visible or written anywhere??

Old 12-08-2017, 10:15 AM
Default 2014 outlander rockford fosgate

Hi, I just purchased a 2014 Outlander from a Nissan dealership. The flip screen RF system has error message to insert map card for navigation and the screen is stuck with the Mitsu logo. No functions for the stereo work at all. The only thing you can do is volume up and down and it is stuck on 1 radio station. I inserted a CD and it took it in but does not play or eject. The only button that works is the open/close screen. Am I screwed?
Chrispy

Old 12-17-2017, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by chrispy
Am I screwed?
Chrispy
No, the dealer where you bought it should take care of it. On a side note, why are you finding this out after you've purchased the car?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Outlander satnav software upgrade