Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Outlander Sport (or Outlander) - Rockford Fosgate w/USB: playlist issue (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/outlander-sport-outlander-rockford-fosgate-w-usb-playlist-issue-42003/)

ProcessorHog 03-28-2012 07:07 PM

Outlander Sport (or Outlander) - Rockford Fosgate w/USB: playlist issue

I have a 2011 Outlander Sport with the Rockford Fosgate (710W) audio system with USB connectivity.

I've noticed a few issues with it. I'm wondering if anyone with the same system has noticed any of the following.

1. The USB takes way too long to load (always) - about 30-50 seconds.
  2. Occasionally, the system will NOT resume the last song from the part you left off. It starts all over from the beginning of the entire USB stick. Once this happens, it will not resume for the same USB stick (even if I format it and copy files over again) unless I do the workaround, which is: putting in a couple of other usb sticks, then coming back to the original one and it starts working properly (playing from where I left off) again. I wonder if it stores some sort of unique ID for a USB stick and it takes a couple of other ones to "clear" it.
  3. Sometimes, the Tag info does not display. Even though I KNOW the tag info displayed before from another USB stick for the same song. And these are not badly-tagged files - these are ones that I buy from Amazon/Google, which have all metadata filled properly. Sometimes the tag displays fine though (usually from another usb stick).
  4. The most annoying thing for me, for which I have not found a workaround, is this: When I rotate the right dial, select a category (artist/playlist/album/whatnot) and then scroll through the list of artists/playlists/albums and click one, it says "select songs" and then I click immediately (or even if I rotate the dial and select a song and click it), it resets the CURRENT song that's playing which is not even in the playlist/artist/album that you just chose, and starts it over :mad:. I have to do the exact operation AGAIN and it will work.
Saying "play playlist <something>" always works on the first try, but in noisy environments or when people are talking in the car, I can't do this. (btw it thinks AC/DC is called ack-DC)

If anyone has noticed these happening in theirs (or not happening), please reply here. I think this should probably be the same for both big Outlanders and Outlander Sport/RVRs.

EDIT:
  • I applied the update and issue 3 has gone away.
  • I have not encountered isue 2 after the update, but I just did it this evening so not sure if it has permanently disappeared.
  • Issue 4 still happens even after the update. I have learned to live with 1, but would be great if anyone knows any workarounds for 1 and 4.
A couple more questions:
  • Does anyone get track names to show over bluetooth (non-navi system)? I read on another forum where someone was claiming they can see track names. I'd love to enable this if there's a way.
  • Is there a way to switch to folder browsing after you select an artist/playlist on the USB stick? For me, the first time I plug in a new USB drive, turning the right dial browses folders on the drive. But once I select a playlist or artist or album, the right dial always asks me to "select category" and shows artist/album/playlist/songs, with no way to go back to folder browsing. I tried long-pressing "DISP" and tried a few other buttons, nothing worked.