Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

FUSE Firmware Update for iOS 4

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Default FUSE Firmware Update for iOS 4

I was browsing the EVO X forums, and somebody posted the firmware update for FUSE to support iOS 4:
Anyone know how to update nav firmware? - evolutionm.net

Somebody with an RVR/Outlander Sport confirmed it works on their unit.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:04 AM

I've posted in this forum that it works for my Outlander S-AWC. It will erase all your phone related settings though.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:58 PM

erase as in you must reenter them? or erase as in wipe out the ability to use it?

Old 08-22-2011, 02:17 PM

So funny to see Linux internals of BT unit

I will try to see if the JTAG could be found.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:48 PM

Interesting. If it runs Linux, they must provide the source code plus any modifications they have made...otherwise, they automatically lose their license for it. Someone needs to contact JCI for it

Old 08-22-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by atx25rs
erase as in you must reenter them? or erase as in wipe out the ability to use it?

Yes. The BT update from Fuse that fixes the USB connectivity will erase your ability to use the BT handfree phone capabilities.

In other news... Reading comprehension at an all time low.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:16 PM

codetrap,

Assuming your last reply was sarcasm, your not doing anything to clear up the question as posed by atx. Why not just clarify that it is only the phone settings stored in the unit that are erased and not the handsfree capabilities?

Not everyone who visits this board speaks English as their first language, nor is everybody equally technically inclined. Just as easy to say, only phonebook settings and bluetooth pairing data are erased but handsfree still works as it is to write a snotty reply.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by ivanz
Interesting. If it runs Linux, they must provide the source code plus any modifications they have made...otherwise, they automatically lose their license for it. Someone needs to contact JCI for it
Code:
[Settings]
FlashType = NAND
DeviceName = "/dev/etfs2"
PhysicalFlashSize = 512M
ClusterSize = 2K
ClustersInBlock = 64
TransactionHeaderSize = 16

[Instructions]
Count = 13
1 = Write,"img.etfs.1"
2 = Write,"img.etfs.2"
3 = Write,"img.etfs.3"
4 = Write,"img.etfs.4"
5 = Write,"img.etfs.5"
6 = Write,"img.etfs.6"
7 = Write,"img.etfs.7"
8 = Write,"img.etfs.8"
9 = Write,"img.etfs.9"
10 = Write,"img.etfs.10"
11 = Write,"img.etfs.11"
12 = Write,"img.etfs.12"
13 = Write,"img.etfs.13"
Code:
[Settings]
CheckCompatibility = 1,"Compat_Section"
Labels = 3,"JCI_SW_VER","JCI_DNA_PART_NUMBER","JCI_UP_CUSTOM"

[Compat_Section]
Count = 2
1 = CheckLabel,"JCI_SW_VER",4,"TEL_BCMIT100_05.00.000","TEL_BCMIT100_06.00.000","TEL_BCMIT100_07.00.000","TEL_BCMIT100_08.00.000"
2 = CheckLabel,"JCI_DNA_PART_NUMBER",1,"1111111"

[JCI_SW_VER]
LabelName = "JCI_SW_VER"
LoadLocation = File

[JCI_DNA_PART_NUMBER]
LabelName = "JCI_DNA_PART_NUMBER"
LoadLocation = DNA
Restore = Yes
RestoreLabelName = "JCI_DNA_PART_NUMBER"

[JCI_UP_CUSTOM]
LabelName = "UPDATE_PACKAGE_SW_VER"
LoadLocation = UP
LabelValue = "TEL_BCMIT100_09.00.000"
Restore = Yes
RestoreLabelName = "UPDATE_PACKAGE_SW_VER"

Old 08-22-2011, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by grumpyrom
codetrap,

Assuming your last reply was sarcasm, your not doing anything to clear up the question as posed by atx. Why not just clarify that it is only the phone settings stored in the unit that are erased and not the handsfree capabilities?

Not everyone who visits this board speaks English as their first language, nor is everybody equally technically inclined. Just as easy to say, only phonebook settings and bluetooth pairing data are erased but handsfree still works as it is to write a snotty reply.
Yes, I was being sarcastic. The FUSE update from JCI erases the locally entered user settings such as stored phone numbers, and any Blue Tooth Pairings. You will have to re-pair your phone to the BT unit, and enter any stored phone numbers etc. It will NOT affect your stored NAV points.

The USB iPhone functionality is rather slow at first, as I think it loads a full set of song listings/playlists into the units memory first, then allows you to play them. There is no cover art, which is ok. Once the music stats playing, it's a little slow, but consistently responsive.

All in all, I'm happy they finally fixed it. Now if only I could get 2011 Nav MAPs for my Outlander, I'd be set.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by ivanz
Update.
ETFS stands for Embedded Transactional File System. New QNX Technology Safeguards Embedded Systems Against Critical Data Loss
Originally Posted by QNX
QNX Software Systems today announced that it is the first RTOS vendor to offer a fault-tolerant, embedded transactional file system (ETFS) for NAND flash memory devices.
So, definitely no chance to get source code for our BT units

Quick Reply: FUSE Firmware Update for iOS 4