Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

FUSE Firmware Update for iOS 4

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 11:56 PM

I assumed it was only going to erase the settings and not the capabilities, but the fact is that the unit itself is kind of backwards, it is almost imaginable that it would sacrifice some capabilities for others. when i looked into the unit when shopping everything said ipod control. never once ipod control sans IOS4. I got used to using the BT Audio on my iphone4, which according to Fuse is not capable. the controls all work and it remembers where i stopped etc.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:21 AM

I ran the update yesterday on my XLS and it worked great. Only took a minute or two. My iphone and itouch both work now. Of course, now ios5 is right around the corner. We'll have to see what happens I guess. If it does require an update, hopefully it won't take as long as this one did.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:15 AM

I have tried to update my 2011 UK Outlander but i am having problems so hopefully someone will be able to help. I have downloaded the file etc and entered the hidden menu by pressing set+navi however when i enter the Handsfree module (on first page of hidden menu) i get a high pithced noise and cannot see an option for Software update.

Any suggestions??

Old 08-24-2011, 07:51 AM

I also had the noise you mention - it was feedback through the audio system. No idea why it did that, but the update ran as it was supposed to.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:25 AM

Karmann

is there a software update button in the handsfree menu or does it run the update automatically from the USB. I removed the usb within 10 seconds of accessing handsfree menu due to the high pitched noise, do you think i should just leave it connected for a longer period?

thanks

Old 08-24-2011, 11:12 AM

I had the S/W Update button available on mine. Try leaving the usb stick connected - I left it in the whole time. Make sure you copy the package file on to the USB stick and not the zip file.

Last edited by Karmann; 08-24-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:00 PM

Ok after several attempts i am no further forward however having done some web searching i have read that the update is for N-04 and N-03 Nav Units whereas mine is an E-09 unit. I assume E = European and perhaps a different version is required for the European units.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:47 PM

I couldn't find anything that specifically mentions N vs E units in the ini files located in the update. Perhaps it is a different module...does it have USB inputs?

Old 08-25-2011, 02:48 AM

Yes, the car has USB/IPOD input in the armrest along with video input etc. One way to confirm if we have different versions is if somebody could access the handsfree module without the usb connected and see if they still can see a software update button as this option is just not visible on my unit, once i access the handsfree menu (with or without usb connected) the system conducts some sort of diagnostic check which confirms i have software version 8 and other stuff. I then have two greyed out options (not accessible) which are something like Error code and Input code the only other button available is the Back menu button.

I will contact my local dealer in Glasgow to see if the software update has reached these shores.

thanks for your input

Paul

Old 09-05-2011, 01:46 PM

Thanks for putting this up. It was very easy to do.

Quick Reply: FUSE Firmware Update for iOS 4