Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

FUSE Firmware Update for iOS 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Old 12-04-2015, 08:03 AM

Bringing back this old thread as there have been a few updates in recent years. There is now a version 18 and possibly 19. Version 18 is listed here on the official support site with a release date of 12/14:

http://mitsubishi-en-us.visteonhands...softwareupdate

The downloads for versions 9, 11 & 18 can be found here at the bottom of the page (look for Software for Hands Free Module):

Audio: Files ? MMC Manuals

It also includes an update for a version 19 but I don't see information on that anywhere.

Before you install version 18, there is an ini file that needs modification. See this thread for info:

FUSE update - evolutionm.net

I plan on updating mine this weekend and will report back.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Karmann
Bringing back this old thread as there have been a few updates in recent years. There is now a version 18 and possibly 19. Version 18 is listed here on the official support site with a release date of 12/14:

http://mitsubishi-en-us.visteonhands...softwareupdate

The downloads for versions 9, 11 & 18 can be found here at the bottom of the page (look for Software for Hands Free Module):

Audio: Files ? MMC Manuals

It also includes an update for a version 19 but I don't see information on that anywhere.

Before you install version 18, there is an ini file that needs modification. See this thread for info:

FUSE update - evolutionm.net

I plan on updating mine this weekend and will report back.
how did it go?

Old 12-11-2015, 03:56 PM

I haven't had a chance to do the upgrade yet. I have a RES to install first, then a tailgate LED and it's next after that.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:09 PM
Question success with this update?

I've tried for several weeks now to update to v19 per the instructions here. I've used two USB drives formatted to FAT32 with only the update.package file. I even tried a CD of it. Have edited the ini file. Have tried multiple computers.
My USB drive will read the media but it does not offer me a choice to update on the Hands-Free Module on the Service menu.
Is there something I'm missing?
I've asked three dealerships now (including where I bought the car) and none of them know what I'm talking about.

Old 02-03-2016, 07:11 AM

Have you tried installing v18 or are you skipping straight to v19?

Old 02-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Default tried again

Tried v18 today with same process: FAT32 formatted USB drive; edit INI file; make sure only update.package was on the USB stick. Followed directions previously posted. Did not start engine, just the power. Left USB plugged in for a while. I've also tried it with a USB connector I borrowed from work. The attached picture is all I ever see.
I'm beginning to wonder if my USB port is working correctly. So many other things on these forums work for me just the way they are described.
There's not another USB port outside the center console? I have felt all over.
Thanks for reading.

Attached Thumbnails FUSE Firmware Update for iOS 4-img_1084.jpg  
Old 04-15-2017, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by louisianalad2014
Tried v18 today with same process: FAT32 formatted USB drive; edit INI file; make sure only update.package was on the USB stick. Followed directions previously posted. Did not start engine, just the power. Left USB plugged in for a while. I've also tried it with a USB connector I borrowed from work. The attached picture is all I ever see.
I'm beginning to wonder if my USB port is working correctly. So many other things on these forums work for me just the way they are described.
There's not another USB port outside the center console? I have felt all over.
Thanks for reading.

About a year too late and sorry to resurrect this old thread but I couldn't find anything more comprehensive on steps to follow and this all still applies to my '15 Lancer. Ran through the steps mentioned above and hit the same snag as louisianalad2014 where it wouldn't recognize the update existing on the USB - the S/W button would never light up.
In the end I left the versions.ini file unedited (Set to "2222222" as opposed to "1111111") and it then detected the update and completed correctly. Anyone else who hits the same problem, it would be well worth leaving the versions.ini file alone and seeing if that then resolves the issue also.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:39 AM

Anyone knows how to enter the update menu on a 2014 RVR (ASX)?
It's a non navi unit...