Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

FUSE Firmware Update for iOS 4

Old 09-05-2011, 06:23 PM

Good to hear. I guess we've confirmed it will work on any North American current gen Lancer/Outlander/RVR.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:02 PM

I ran the update, i was excited when i connected my phone4 and it loaded up within 30 seconds. all 740 songs. I can view the title, artist, album, etc on the stereo unit. although the next time i used it it spent 15 minutes, the drive home, "loading" and never was able to load the music. I tried it several other times. I always got to my destinations before the music loaded again. I reconnected with BT and use that instead.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:51 AM

Just want to confirm, will this work in a Outlander Sport / RVR non-navi sound system?

I have the rockford fosgate system, with the usb/aux ports.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:38 PM

yes that is the same system that i have. it updated easily, took about 3minutes.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Default It happens....

Originally Posted by atx25rs
I ran the update, i was excited when i connected my phone4 and it loaded up within 30 seconds. all 740 songs. I can view the title, artist, album, etc on the stereo unit. although the next time i used it it spent 15 minutes, the drive home, "loading" and never was able to load the music. I tried it several other times. I always got to my destinations before the music loaded again. I reconnected with BT and use that instead.

This has been an issue from the start for some people (I had it happen a week after buying the car). The solution is to cycle three different USB music devices (iPhone, iPod, USB, etc). Then pulug your iPhone back in and it should work. It has something to do with the system remembering three devices.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:01 AM

Just letting you guys know I have the iPhone 4s running ios5 and it works fine in the 2010 Outlander.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:54 PM

Good to hear. Thanks for letting us know.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:14 PM

I can confirm it works with the iPhone 4S and IOS 5 in my 2011 RVR also, running the stock FUSE firmware that did NOT work with my iPhone 4 running 4.3.1. Will try and see if my old IPhone 4 with IOS 5 also works now later when my daughter gets home from school. Also FYI, Siri works FANTASTIC through the bluetooth in the car. Really convenient to be able to send and receive texts while driving without having to take your hands off the steering wheel. I didn't expect it to be such a huge upgrade but did Siri ever wow me.

Edit, not that I did text and drive before. But its nice to be able to have messages dictated to me safely now and to be able to reply by voice alone.

Last edited by grumpyrom; 10-20-2011 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Because it sounded like I was texting and driving before Siri.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Thumbs down Siri activate

Originally Posted by grumpyrom
I can confirm it works with the iPhone 4S and IOS 5 in my 2011 RVR also, running the stock FUSE firmware that did NOT work with my iPhone 4 running 4.3.1. Will try and see if my old IPhone 4 with IOS 5 also works now later when my daughter gets home from school. Also FYI, Siri works FANTASTIC through the bluetooth in the car. Really convenient to be able to send and receive texts while driving without having to take your hands off the steering wheel. I didn't expect it to be such a huge upgrade but did Siri ever wow me.

Edit, not that I did text and drive before. But its nice to be able to have messages dictated to me safely now and to be able to reply by voice alone.
How do you activate Siri via controls? I havent found a way without using the home button. it would be great to use on wheel buttons.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:00 AM

Thanks ivanz for posting this. I updated my Outlander Sport in about 6 minutes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FUSE Firmware Update for iOS 4