Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander Sport Paint Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Default Outlander Sport Paint Problems?

Hi, first post. I'm thinking about purchasing an Outlander Sport and am wondering if any owners have noticed abnormal paint chipping, scratching, etc? I've read about Mitsubishi paint problems in the past, but haven't heard anything about the Outlander Sport in particular.

Thanks!

Old 03-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Thumbs down outlander revised

also i am looking for news as to when the outlander was redesigned what year? mits redesigned the outlander because of paint chipping from front wheels flying up stones! does anyone know what year this was had to be recently the 09 s or 10 s maybe? please help?

Old 03-14-2012, 12:41 AM

umm....the new model was released 2009 - and no, it wasnt redesigned because of front wheels flicking up stones and causing paint chipping

what was redesigned due to paint chipping was the side skirts, they have been made wider to reduce stones being flicked up - just do a search for pics of a 2006-07 outlander, the compare that with say a 2009 ZG or the newer ZH model and you will see the difference

Old 03-14-2012, 08:44 AM

yes sorry it was it was printed in an article at the dealers

Old 03-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by the_dog
hi, first post. I'm thinking about purchasing an outlander sport and am wondering if any owners have noticed abnormal paint chipping, scratching, etc? I've read about mitsubishi paint problems in the past, but haven't heard anything about the outlander sport in particular.

Thanks!
i wouldnt

Old 03-14-2012, 05:39 PM

My Outlander Sport is one year old. No paint problems so far, looks very good.

Except for the big dent/scratch my friend got on the right side doors when he got it out of a parking spot within 30 seconds of him getting in the driver's seat for the first time. Lesson learned - don't assume people know how to drive in the city and skillfully park in narrow spots.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:27 AM

Der - ill wake up now and read properly - you are referring to the sport not the normal outlander - i miss read it - my bad

Old 08-16-2013, 09:25 PM

I've got a black outlander sport 2012 and the paint is horrendous already. Especially at the rear by the tires from stones. I understand paint gets chips BT the level of them for just under a yr is bad. I hope they do something when I take it for its reg maintenance.

Old 08-17-2013, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Darren Dazza Jones
I've got a black outlander sport 2012 and the paint is horrendous already. Especially at the rear by the tires from stones. I understand paint gets chips BT the level of them for just under a yr is bad. I hope they do something when I take it for its reg maintenance.
This thread is pretty old, but I have a few issues as well. I have a surprising amount of stone chips on the front lip of the hood, and (weirdly) the A pillar .

However, there's almost zero chance of the dealer helping you out with rock chips on the fender near the tires. You might want to look into the factory accessory mud flaps. They should help protect your paint from a lot of kicked up stuff. Also, applying a "clear bra" would help.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:54 PM

well ours is an 11 an the article was hanging in the restroom at the dealers if i remember correctly it was 2010 s the sport design i think ours is a GT and yes we have paint problems on hood and rear fenders from stones an such bad paint dealer said if we purchased mud flaps they would repaint the fenders an back door edges NO i would not advise to much road noise also just my opinion

Quick Reply: Outlander Sport Paint Problems?