Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

outlander supercharger available!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Default outlander supercharger available!!

I have contacted RIPP Modification Inc. about their SDS system for the 4G64 engine and they said that the eclipse 4cyl system would fit our outlanders. It looks as if the only neccessary modification would be a battery relocation either to the trunk or it could be moved up closer to the strut tower.

The stage 1 goes for $3601.00 and seems to make anywhere from 218-230 whp as gathered from eclipse and galant dyno runs.

The stage 2 goes for $3999.00 and makes anywhere from 290 - 320 whp

The best aspects about this supercharger system is that no additional tuning is required as they include their preprogrammed black box that recalibrates the fuel maps as a piggyback system. No"Check Engine Light" either is a plus.

I think Im definitely going this route this summer. I had thought about a 4g63 swap but now that i found this I have made up my mind. Our outlanders can now be compared in power output to the AIRTREK. Check out their website for more info.

http://www.rippmods.com

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Default RE: outlander supercharger available!!

doesnt road race motor sports offer a stage 1 kit that puts out something like 300 whp or bhp. i wouldnt spend that much unless i know i would make 300hp and that is on the stage 1 kit. but seems like a pretty good kit try www.roadracemotorsports.com and call them to see what they tell you. https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_17324/tm.htm

Old 01-14-2006, 02:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Mexmr10

The stage 1 goes for $3601.00 and seems to make anywhere from 218-230 whp as gathered from eclipse and galant dyno runs.

The stage 2 goes for $3999.00 and makes anywhere from 290 - 320 whp

not to rain on your parade (because Im really interested if this really does work), but the eclipse and the galant arent AWD (although I know nothing of your car, Im sure this may affect the numbers) and there's more weight in an outtie.

but heck if it really does give you at least +150 and more hp boost, Id give it a look

Old 01-14-2006, 11:04 AM

also....dont forget about the internals, 300 is good but hey stock form 2.4 engine is only good for 200 h.p. plus, i'de seen those before, i, actually gathered info. about the blower ( for my 00 eclipse r.s.) its all good but the tech. sez aint street legal .....yet. hmmm...just get the mivec series engine ( esp. evo 9 is well equipped mivec) and do the swaps...( choices: 2.4 i-4 4g64 inline or 2.4 mivec i-series , maybe 4g63 2.0 )

Old 01-14-2006, 11:07 AM

but hey, first picture on top....i, like to have one of those throttle body. looks like a racing spec.

Old 01-14-2006, 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: wicked_outlander

also....dont forget about the internals, 300 is good but hey stock form 2.4 engine is only good for 200 h.p. plus, i'de seen those before, i, actually gathered info. about the blower ( for my 00 eclipse r.s.) its all good but the tech. sez aint street legal .....yet. hmmm...just get the mivec series engine ( esp. evo 9 is well equipped mivec) and do the swaps...( choices: 2.4 i-4 4g64 inline or 2.4 mivec i-series , maybe 4g63 2.0 )

i had heard that the 2.4 engine is good to 300 hp and the transmission 350hp. People have been running turbo kits on these engines and with proper fuel management, have hit the 300whp on stock internals reliably as daily drivers.

Even with stage 2, as someone mentioned before, you wouldnt be seeing those numbers because of the wieght of the outlander as opposed to a galant or eclipse. Probably something like 240-260 with stage 2.

And according to my logic, this supercharger is by far the best bang for the buck when you take into consideration ease of install, reliable fuel control via injectors and fuel remapping, no CEL's, ease of uninstall, and ready availability from one of the most reputable companies in mitsubishi tuning as far as I know.

You mention roadrace motorsports turbo kits, but if you tried to make those fit, it may take some extra work because the intercooler pipes were not designed for the outlander. Custom work would probably be in order then. If you choose the kit that has no intercooler, then the whp gains wont be sufficient enough for me to shell out the money for that kit.

On a last note, this kit is street legal enough as it wont produce a check engine light. Also the removal of any cat is not neccessary. Its mainly the CEL free envioronment that matters here. Here in Illinois, they only do obd2 hookups to see if you're throwing any emmisions related codes. No visual inspection required. Of course its not carb legal yet, but really what kit is carb legal>>?

Old 01-14-2006, 06:58 PM

well...sounds like its still pending for carb, see am' in california. everything we install here (except for new vehicle which is good for 5 yrs. before smog) gotta be street legal( carb approved by state ) cops here aint fooling around anymore, they know the distinctive sound for every aftermarket turbos. if they hear it, they will pull you over. anyway, 2.4 for 300?? yeah why not?? what am' saying is....internals. how long can you go w/ 300 h.p. in stock form internals?? we tried it before, a t04 turbo install ( eclipse gs ) not even 300 h.p. yet, but close enough. all we have to do is amp up the boost for 300. but yeah aint there yet, during test drive the engine "clank" on us. end of story for that gs, and so on...we learn that internal modification is a must. now feeding your engine w/ more fuel is good to go, but again the question: how long those internals can hold on?? the only good news for that is, arias pistons now carries the mitsu 2.4 pistons.

now for the superchargers, aint got problem w/ that. but uhh in experience ( dude i , met @ mitsu. shop) had a bad experince w/ it. he install supercharger (00' eclipse g.t.) from HKS. it rocketed...spankin mustang g.t.'s. but the engine only lasted for a 2 mnths. period. the product was reported over, and conflict between hks and mitsu. begun. today both parties shuts the hole, well for one reason: the 06 eclipse. they aiming their cross hair for the new eclipse, which is @ 3.8 the internals are beefier enough to withstand the boost.

so, just an opinion....if you goin well over 200 h.p. beef up your internals, esp. for 2.4 engine. matter of fact the beefier the internals are, the more boost you can push. now thats power.

Old 01-16-2006, 02:26 PM
JMC

This would be awesome if it works! Who's gonna try it first? The AWD thing seems like it might be a problem.

Old 01-16-2006, 05:54 PM

i, aint tryin it....lol maybe a t26, since its safe to use for 4 banger.

Old 01-17-2006, 03:13 PM
JMC

I'm very interested in going for it.....please let me know if anybody takes the dive first!

Quick Reply: outlander supercharger available!!