Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander Suspension upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Old 05-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Old 05-16-2013, 04:16 AM
Default what about longer coil springs?

instead of lowering my outie, i would like to go the other direction and lift it 2 in or so.

what do u guys think about getting longer coil springs?
as supposed to just buying those cheap polyurethane spacers
(like daystar, mr gasket, etc)
pros vs cons?

obviously the springs have to be custom made (currently working with mike @ coilsprings.com about this).

will i need to upgrade to longer shocks as well?
the spring stiffness/softness can be adjusted to what i want, so ride comfort shouldn't be an issue... i hope.

what about installation?
front - is it basically just removing the strut assembly / take out stock spring / replace with custom spring / screw assembly back in?

rear - since the coil is separate from the shock, can i just jack up the rear / use compressor to remove stock coil / put new (compressed) one in / decompress / lower rear end back to ground?

--------------------
THANK YOU ALL FOR ANY ADVICE / OPINIONS = )

Old 05-16-2013, 10:23 AM

I have seen lifted outlander in Australia before, more than once so it must be common there.. but it might have been a mitsubishi challenger.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:42 PM

I know I am late to the party on this thread but thought I would provide some insight. I did a lot of research on the topic, as we know, there is not a lot out there.

I have installed BC Racing Coilovers on my 08 Outlander XLS. (BR-B27). I went with the BC's over KW's due to availability and previous experience with BC Racing Coils.

The ride is firmer than OEM but improved. NOTE: All of my vehicles have been lowered, so I am used to the overall differences in feel.

The Coils are 30 way adjustable. I have mine set fairly soft (+4 to all 4 corners) and the ride is good. Any harshness felt in bumps is actually attributed to my tires and the low profile (35s). I will be upsizing to 40 series next spring - this rubber was cheap with the wheel purchase.

Rear Suspension: my 08 came with the OEM Coil Spring and separate Struts. As per the manufacturer. My kit came with true coilovers, front and rear. When the rear coilovers are installed, the OEM Coil Spring is removed and discarded (keep for reinstall later, if you like).

Front end install: Note, while you're at it, buy new stabilizer link ends, as the OEM ones will be rusted and not reusable - I actually had to cut the OEM's off due to the hex end being stripped. New ones are $30 each typically. Anyway, I have photos in the 2G Outlander Coilover thread. (EDIT - MY BAD... That thread is on another forum. Pics below)

Hope this helps.

Last edited by eg6er; 09-16-2014 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 09-16-2014, 01:52 PM

Is your BC coilover made for the 2G outlander or was it for another car?

Old 09-16-2014, 02:44 PM

Yes, It is a 2G specific kit from BC Racing. BC Racing BR Series Coilovers 07-13 Mitsubishi OUTLANDER - CW6W. Part No. B-27-BR.

From all my research, it was between this and the KW Var. 2.

Originally Posted by OutlanderGT
Is your BC coilover made for the 2G outlander or was it for another car?

Old 09-16-2014, 02:54 PM
Default 2G Outlander Coilovers - BC Racing BR B-27 Kit

Here are a couple of pics

Attached Thumbnails Outlander Suspension upgrades-dsc_0206.jpg   Outlander Suspension upgrades-dsc_0203.jpg   Outlander Suspension upgrades-dsc_0201.jpg  
Old 09-16-2014, 03:45 PM

can the BC coilover be adjusted to close to stock height? (Ok, the stock front gap is bigger and could use a slight drop)
I want the ground clearance but with added adjustability.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:54 PM

Yes, they can be adjusted to stock height if that is your preference, and still perform way better than OEM

Quick Reply: Outlander Suspension upgrades