Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander Turbo (tuning)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 01:15 PM
JMC
Default RE: Outlander Turbo (tuning)

Snow? Crap...we'll all be getting that pretty soon.

Old 10-26-2005, 08:42 PM

ORIGINAL: JMC

Snow? Crap...we'll all be getting that pretty soon.
dont remind me !! [:@]

Old 10-27-2005, 07:56 AM

Hmm, when tracing the parcel today I could read this:

“27.10.2005 09:00 HELD CUSTOMS-AWAITING PAYMENT OF DUTIES/TAXES FROM RECEIVER”

Don’t look good but hopefully there won’t be a problem, I’ve already paid for it one time and I don’t feel like paying for it again.

Well, I’ll let you all know when the parcel hits my mailbox, I mean, this can be crucial for digitaltuning when doing business internationally, so let my case be the precedent for future business. I mean, if “they” want to have taxes about 25% on the 600 €uro it will be 750 €uro and then one will think twice before ordering when it suddenly goes from affordable to expensive…

And above all, IF it is awaiting “PAYMENT OF DUTIES/TAXES FROM RECEIVER”
(from me) how long delay am I in for here, how will the customs reach me, when will I have it back here? I mean, jeez, I can’t be without my car any longer, one week is the threshold of discomfort…

Old 10-27-2005, 11:18 AM

Oh, my fault, i´ve only seen the url u posted in the first one and believed, that u r from switzerland...but IKEA is also good...my wife loves it^^...skool^^

Old 10-27-2005, 12:04 PM
JMC

he said Ikea.........hahahahaha

Old 10-28-2005, 03:22 AM

Sum up and thoughts on this story:

The ECU was taken out of my car and sent to Switzerland Friday 21’st of October.
Thursday 27’th of October I had to drive to Örebro Airport freight terminal to get my cars brain, but first I had to pay Swedish taxes (170,55 €)
(Hmm, Switzerland is NOT a member of EU) so I had to take a trip on 380 km to get it home(of course, I COULD have waited until Monday to have it sent home but hey, I wanted it NOW)

So, what have this deal cost me in total? 824,40 €uro was the TOTAL amount for this adventure. 602,01€=tuning and shipping, 170,55€ in Swedish taxes, 51,75€ driving costs.
(is one supposed to pay both Switz AND Swedish taxes?)

Thursday night att 8,30PM the ECU was back in my car (Thx to my good friend John) it started up instantly (as usual) I let it idle for 5 minutes, then I drowe easy for 5 minutes to let the engine reach working temperature…

Then I put the pedal to the metal to notice how the new muscles felt…

Sure, the car feels stronger, it does, but probably you’d expect (imagine) to get a whiplash after a tuning like this, you DO NOT.

Well, it is hard to say how much this tuning really does affect the car, I’m thinking of trying some different acceleration tests like 90-130 km/h on the 5’th gear, (tried it this morning on my way to work, 10,22 Seconds) 70-110, 50-90 a.s.o. to later compare the times with a standard Outl.turbo.

So my total judgement…
Well, this is probably the most favourable tuning = durable power in the long run, it is up to everybody to discuss with your wallets if it is worth the money.

The contact with DigitalTuning was very good and felt serious (in English) about 10 emails back and forth, always quick responses and a nice treatment.

So, if you’ve got some money laying around and you can be without your car for a week, OK, spice it up with some extra power, do you expect a considerable difference in power so is this insufficient, but it could be a good start, but beware of that it is the first 30-60 HP that is relatively cheap, then it starts to cost a bit more.

Gradually (if the winter doesn’t stop me) i’m going to put out some acceleration tests here like 90-130km/h, 70-110, 50-90 Etc. on different gears so it’ll be easy to compare with a standard Outl.turbo, I’ll skip 0-100 when it could be rather misleading due to different peoples driving skills, I mean 70-110km/h on 4’th gear can anybody cope with and it must be the take over acc that is the most interesting…?

Well, take care guys and girls and I hope you enjoyed my little tuning diary.

Old 10-28-2005, 12:36 PM
JMC

That was great! Thanks so much for all the info. I'm still pretty interested.

Old 10-28-2005, 04:57 PM

good to go...give us the measured h.p.'s if you can....or a copy of dyno'.

Old 10-31-2005, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: wicked_outlander

good to go...give us the measured h.p.'s if you can....or a copy of dyno'.
hi m8!
Sorry, I've got no access to a dyno or similar, I just have to trust the digitaltuning company that the figures is correct.

Old 01-14-2006, 11:35 AM

aweee o.k. hmmm try g-tech pro, its only $127.00

Quick Reply: Outlander Turbo (tuning)