Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlanders sounds!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 02:11 AM
Default Outlanders sounds!

hey guys!

Who else thinks that its AWESOME that the new outlander has come in stardard with "Rockford Fosgate" Sub woofers and speakers! the sounds in these vehicles are outstanding.. 10/10 For my rating on these awesome set ups!

(Models carrying Stardard Rockford Fosgate Are only The Outlander VR-X)

Lucas,

Old 04-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Default RE: Outlanders sounds!

The VR-X isn't available in US....[:@] Even the cheapo base stereo is decent, I upgraded my HU and placed some Pioneer tweeters in the corners where the Infinity system has them already and it sounds pretty nice! I was very surprised.

Old 04-07-2006, 03:15 PM
JMC

yeah...thanks!

Old 04-07-2006, 03:54 PM

I think overall it's kinda neat, but Rockford Fosgate is kinda old. I'm not gonna get into a sound or brand fight. I'll just say for many it's a good thing, but as we all know, aftermarket a lot of times is better than stcok . That's all I'm sayin'.

I'm sure they did a great job tuning everything to the vehicle, and will be difficult ($$) to improve upon. Me, I'm thinking of adding a small(ish) Audiobahn or Infiniti setup to the Outie I bought in February. I have a Sony 1000w (yes, 1000w amp I bought last year, but was gonna put that in my truck, running a pair of Clarions in each door.

My wife likes the new Eclipse, anD especially the rockford Fosgate syste, and I told it's her car, to do what she wants. Yes, she is thinking of gettign one, since the kids are older, and I have an Outie now.

Old 04-09-2006, 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Senor_Paco

I think overall it's kinda neat, but Rockford Fosgate is kinda old. I'm not gonna get into a sound or brand fight. I'll just say for many it's a good thing, but as we all know, aftermarket a lot of times is better than stcok . That's all I'm sayin'.
Until you get into the high end luxury cars where it costs more to install the system than you pay for insurance I don't see when stock would be better than aftermarket. Besides, the stock systems cost a shyt load of money for what you get, they are more of a convenience than a bargain...and warranteed with the vehicle.

Old 04-10-2006, 12:19 PM
drh

Stock is just tuned most of the time to sound even in my opinion. everyone is due their own opinion. Im on a budget so I have a budget stereo. JVC HU with the USB interface. 4 new sony xplodes in the doors and a 2-12" bandpass system in the rear. 200w 4ch alpine running the doors and 460w running the subs. sounds pretty good to me, hits as hard as my other expensive stuff. ill get some pics posted

Old 04-10-2006, 04:41 PM

infinity all the way dudes!!!....lol

Old 04-10-2006, 06:53 PM

I only did HU upgrade and tweeters, both Pioneer and it sounds much better than stock. I never was a big spender on amps and subs, takes up too much room for my daily life of cramming junk in the back of my car. I know it can be done clean and low profile, but I'd rather go faster than be louder. Of course neither of which I'm accomplishing currently.[&o]

Old 04-11-2006, 12:35 PM
JMC

Faster and Louder is cool dood! Hahahahaha.........

Old 04-11-2006, 07:18 PM

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, rub it in... lol I'll get there eventually. When I get faster, my exhaust will be louder...how's that?

Quick Reply: Outlanders sounds!