Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Part numbers for Jap Add Ons

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 08:33 PM

About the Reverse mirror kit, can I just install on the original mirror?

Old 10-14-2012, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by lgm313
About the Reverse mirror kit, can I just install on the original mirror?
Yes, no need to buy additional mirrors

Old 10-14-2012, 09:41 AM

JSRD, how hard is it to install the automatic folding motor to the side mirrors?
Does the ECU need to be programmed so that it will auto fold when in park?

Old 10-14-2012, 11:02 AM

Elisha, I do not know if is possible to install the folding motors in the mirrors. What I did was buy the exterior mirrors set with this function, in addition to the original module that has the switch to fold/unfold. It was not possible to turn on this feature on my ETACS, but it may be possible to activate with LEXIA tool in latest Outlander models, maybe Vadimus can confirm about this. So I bought an interface so that fold/unfold my mirrors and always use the switch.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by jsrd
Elisha, I do not know if is possible to install the folding motors in the mirrors. What I did was buy the exterior mirrors set with this function, in addition to the original module that has the switch to fold/unfold. It was not possible to turn on this feature on my ETACS, but it may be possible to activate with LEXIA tool in latest Outlander models, maybe Vadimus can confirm about this. So I bought an interface so that fold/unfold my mirrors and always use the switch.
Did you have to drill a hole to run the wire trough for the switch?
Do you happen to have the link to the assembly and switch and pictures of it on your car?

Old 10-14-2012, 05:39 PM

It was not necessary to drill holes, only removed the door panels, installed an additional connector for function folding/unfolding in both mirrors, and ran new wires to complete the circuit. I do not remember if I put the how to, but I'll check if I have photos of this job for share it.
Saludos

Old 11-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Default Are these OEM Taillights? I am not finding them on Ebay or anything!

Hey all,

Check out this guys tail lights (I believe he is from Russia)..These are the sickest tail lights I have seen for our car (well, the only other ones I have seen besides the OEM US ones, ahah)

anyway, how in the world would I get my hands on a set of these? I didn't find any aftermarket tail lights at all on Ebay.

Here is the link to his car pics.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/395771...nder/#15507905

ALSO, does anyone know WHERE we can buy Aftermarket tail lights for our cars? I have a 2011 XLS.

Last edited by CMS062407; 11-21-2012 at 09:59 AM. Reason: because
Old 11-21-2012, 12:38 PM

No aftermarket taillight avail, those were custom made follow jsrd's customising thread he has it on his, cutting light open is the way to get in, Iv tried parting the light and no go, broke two units so I'm saving up for a ultrasonic cutter to get in neatly

Old 11-21-2012, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Gen-8
No aftermarket taillight avail, those were custom made follow jsrd's customising thread he has it on his, cutting light open is the way to get in, Iv tried parting the light and no go, broke two units so I'm saving up for a ultrasonic cutter to get in neatly
oh, that's just ridiculous then! but, they look so sexy. I don't friggin understand why Mitsu would give us the "hatch" part of the tails just as a mockup piece..why not just stick more LEDs in?

Old 03-04-2013, 10:00 PM

Just FYI found a site that has lots of parts for cheap and cheap shipping from Japan:
Amayama Trading - Genuine Parts for Japan Used Imports - Amayama Trading

For example, the glove box cooler parts are only $20 total plus shipping.
Only caveat is that you need to know the *exact* part number, it doesn't have search by description/name. Also, they take a few days to get back to you on a quote, but they check stock to make sure it will ship.

I ordered some parts. Payment is via Paypal and shipping is very cheap for Japan.
I used to buy all my parts from the US and they would make a killing on shipping ($30+), this site is only $10+.

Quick Reply: Part numbers for Jap Add Ons