Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Performance Chip 07 Outtie

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Default Performance Chip 07 Outtie

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REAL-...spagenameZWDVW

My friend had one on his eclipse and recommended me one from the seller he bought. He said it boost his mpg and HP. So I had to get one.

But I have a few questions.

Where Can I locate the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor and the Coolant Temperature Sensor (CTS)on the outtie?

Thanks.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:50 AM
Default RE: Performance Chip 07 Outtie

I think I saw a similar product before, but that one was fake. Nothing more than a resistor inside. I hope this is not one of those...

Old 12-04-2007, 04:46 AM

the ad shows it fits the old outlander 2003-2007 you will void your mitsubish warranty and by running your engine leaner you will destroy your engine (pinking)

puddy

Old 12-04-2007, 09:58 AM

What I've read on these type of products is that they pretty much work by fooling the computer that the air is warm (warm air mess lessoxygen) andthe car will respond by delivering less fuel to keep thefuel:air ratio. Since there is more air than the computer thinks, thisleans out the fuel mixture (lean means power, but also early combustion) and when the engine senses the knock, it will retard the timing, which will negate any benefit..

You also may start throwing error lights codes..which show up for about anything on an OBDII computer..and then if you ever take it in, they will see the knock, investigate, and find the mods..even if the light goes away, the codes are stored.

Too good to be true usually is. If a manufacturer could easily, cheaply, and safely get another 1-4 MPG while upping HP..they'd do it.

You're very likelygoing to void your warranty on any problem could remotely be related to any system you're modifying

Red Flag 1: They list 2003-2007 as the model shown (obviously not)

Red Flag 2: They say they tested these on 'your' engine. Which engine? 2003? 2006? 2007? all different.

Red Flag 3: Look at their feedback...at least half give good ratings WITHOUT trying it in their vehicle..and then half of those that tried it say that they had no change..so then you're looking at 1/4 positive results..

Red Flag 4: Do you really think they test every engine, when they offer this for pretty much every vehicle made? Do they have any dyno sheets to prove it?

Red Flag 5: 7 Mutually withdrawn ratings..that tells me that this seller uses negative feedback as a weapon against receiving negative feedback. I'd bet that they NEVER leave feedback first, even though the buyer completes their duties first.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:10 AM

Plus with it getting cold now, it can make your car stall out when you try and start it in the morning when its really cold.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:15 PM

Gimmicks..... waste of $20

Positives dont outweigh the negatives

Old 12-04-2007, 03:36 PM

hmm you guys are right..it made me think again from buying it. well guess ill skip. Thanks!

Old 12-04-2007, 05:24 PM
tcp

Quite honestly, this is junk. All you are doing is enriching the air/fuel mixture by adding a fixed resistance to the airflow sensor making the system think it is getting denser air. You are also making the engine run rich by fooling the coolant sensor into thinking the engine isn't warmed up yet. This is bad for the engine and all emission systems.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Kju

I have the 2.0 VAG diesel version with a Mitsubishi approved Ralliart Power Pack taking my 140 HP to 167 HP. It's basically a power box but with warranty from Mitsubishi Netherlands. I actually preferred odb tuning (safer for the engine and about 176 HP) but the warranty was more important to me. I don't regret it though. A lot more torque annd better mileage. I'd recommend it to everyone with a diesel.
Btw i'm new to the forum, have my Outlander since july, driven about 20000 km now and it gets better every day.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:37 PM

Kju, do you know if there is a similar chip for my 2.4 MIVEC petrol engine (170hp)?

Quick Reply: Performance Chip 07 Outtie