Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Performance Chip 07 Outtie

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 06:28 AM
Kju
Default RE: Performance Chip 07 Outtie

abadlot: Man i'm sorry but with a petrol engine I wouldn't even bother. A diesel engine can boost you with 20 to 25% easily, but a petrol engine wil cost you three times more (including other mods) and still won't get you further then an extra 10% (if you're lucky). Also because a turbodiesel generates a lot more torque at the same HP as a petrol engine, I don't think you'll really feel a difference if you add a performance chip compared to a turbodiesel.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:10 AM

Just remember the old saying "You get what you pay for". This is not a reflash with all all new timing and fuel tables for higher octane fuel. IT IS A SCAM!

Old 12-17-2007, 08:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Kju

I have the 2.0 VAG diesel version with a Mitsubishi approved Ralliart Power Pack taking my 140 HP to 167 HP. It's basically a power box but with warranty from Mitsubishi Netherlands. I actually preferred odb tuning (safer for the engine and about 176 HP) but the warranty was more important to me. I don't regret it though. A lot more torque annd better mileage. I'd recommend it to everyone with a diesel.
Btw i'm new to the forum, have my Outlander since july, driven about 20000 km now and it gets better every day.
Sweet!
I've been contempleting chipping my outie since before I bought it, but decided against it until I had some milage under the hood.
Do you have any links showing the odb tuning with som info+data?

Cheers,

-Morten

Old 12-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Kju

My Outlander's fitted with a Ralliart powerbox, not my first choice but it's Mitsubishi approved, so no warranty issues, had it done at 15.000 km.
If I would go for odb I would go to Rica: http://www.rica.nl/chiptuning/showup...k=15&Model=978
They do the nationwide policecars (mainly really really fast Volvo's) and I've had my previous two cars (also with VAG diesels) done by them as well, so if Mitsubishi NL wouldn't supply the powerbox, I'd have Rica do it. But there are many other companies that can odb tune the engine and some of them even (claim to) specialize in VAG engines. Prices vary from 450 to 850 euro for odb. The Ralliart powerbox was around 1100 euro.
I've seen companies in Belgium doing odb for 399 ( http://www.dmtuning.com/dmt_engels/homepage_engels.html ) and even for less.
DMT is cheap but I haven't read anything bad about them though. It's mainly hooking the car up to a computer, tweak the settings with settings they get from their software supplier, you drive away after 15 minutes with the feeling of owning a new car. Or you can go for a customized program where they reprogram while driving and getting the most optimal settings, which of course takes more time and more cash. The difference between the cheaper and the more expensive ones are mainly (after)service. The software is pretty standard, comes from four or five main suppliers even though they all will tell you otherwise (claiming theirs is unique) A good (and usually expensive) tuner will probably still be in business when you need him to put your settings back if for example the dealer reset everything after a software update and he'll probably do it free of charge. With odb always make sure what their policy is about these things. The cheaper ones tend to charge for everything that's "extra". Also don't forget to check what the local Mitsubishi policy is regarding chiptuning. In the netherlands you just loose warranty on the engine. It's nevertheless hard for them to actually discover that the car has been odb chipped.