Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Entertainment System Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Default Entertainment System Problem

Hey Everyone!

Well, today, I just have the chance to plug in a DVD into my Outie. The rear DVD system works just fine, however, since the car is in PARKED or stopped, the navi screen should be able to watch too right?

Yea, it can. BUT! Is in black and white, and is all scribbles! You can't watch it!

Any suggestions? Bought the outie in October, however got some BAD BAD experiences with the dealer currently!

Old 12-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Default RE: Entertainment System Problem

So Im guessing you had the rear entertainment system put in after you bought (or had custom ordered from Mitsu) since no Outties were shipped from the factory with both Nav and rear DVD. So, saying that, I dont think many people on here are going to know the answer to the question. Unless someone has done it through aftermarket.

I wouldnt think that what is playing on the rear system would play on the front. Im not saying it wont, but I just dont think its designed that way. But MAYBE??? Would be a nice feature, except the front wont display unless parked.

But there are some techies on here that might be able to help that have messed with the wiring configuration. Otherwise, if its a OEM Nav and rear DVD, take it to the dealer. I do know that the rear DVD can be installed in any Outtie regardless of packages. So I would like to get it installed when I got some extra dough.

If you do have both systems, you should be able to watch 2 different DVDs at the same time.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:52 PM

I bought my Outie with Navi System and Entertainment Package. Is a Demo vehicle, so is basicly AS IS when I bought it. I put in a DVD disc into the rear DVD system. At the Navi Screen, it says, "Cannot Be Watch While Driving" or something like that....Then when I stop, the saying went away, and give me this Black and White and Scribbly Movie! I'm not sure if I could watch the DVD at front too, but right now, I CAN, but with Blacn and White + Scribbles all around.

BTW, my outie is bone stock. No aftermarket parts or systems at all!
Is a Canadian Outie if that will make a differences!

Thanks

Old 12-17-2007, 01:38 PM

Well what I was trying to say is that these two packages (Nav & Rear Entertainment) were not packaged together from the factory. So if you or someone else has both those packages (OEM) then that means you A) custome ordered your Outtie, or B) the dealer or owner installedone, or both packages after they arrived at the dealership.

You are saying that yours is a dealer-demo. So this thing was probably special ordered and/or was customized in some sort of way from the dealership. So now there are two options:

1) These two packages are not suppose to work together because they were not designed to. They can both be installed and work seperately, but not together.

or

2) The two packages can work together, but are not usually paired together so whoever installed it (probably dealer) did not do it correctly.

I would lean more to option #2, but I dont know for sure. What I do know, like I said earlier is that the two options can be put into ANY 2nd Gen Outtie, regardless if its bone stock, half loaded, fully loaded, whatever.