Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

please help me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 12:36 PM
Default please help me!!!!

i need to know how you get the roof racks off adn if there any holes that need to be filled, adn where does everyone get there aftermarket parts, i want euro tail lights adn othere stuff, please people help me.....

Old 07-24-2004, 12:52 PM
Default RE: please help me!!!!

Dude I don't suggest you remove the roof rails as they go through the roof panel and attach to the roll cage of the outlander. But if you really want too: good luck. You many have to get a new roof panel made for you as the holes will be huge. Not an easy mod.
Why do you want to take off the roof rails? There're so cool.

Old 09-16-2004, 02:31 AM

I haven't come across to many aftermarket sites for goodies, probably need to import Airtek parts from Japan but some Lancer parts work with the Outlander ex. galant header, 02-03 lancer intake...for the euro tail lights the XLS comes stock with it so you can probably get it through a dealer or find parts off an XLS. If you want some instructions on removing the roof rack send me and email and I can give you some more details &/or pictures.

Old 09-16-2004, 03:41 AM
JMC

You can take the Racks off........I've seen a few guys who have their Outlanders on Cardomain who've taken them off. I'm sure they had to fix a few things after they came off.
I'd leave them....gives the Outlander a bigger look.

Old 12-11-2004, 09:07 PM

roof racks aint cool, but it makes u' a slipper......

Old 12-16-2004, 06:59 PM
JMC

slipper aint cool, but it makes u' a roofer racker......

Old 08-23-2007, 01:30 AM
Default Roof Rail Removal

I'm interested to know the details too. (Hoping to go for something like the Evolander / street style.)

Presumably the holes would need to be filled up with grommets or ? Good thing is the roof isn't going to rust much (being aluminum).

Old 08-23-2007, 06:41 AM
Default RE: Roof Rail Removal

Im betting on holes in the roof. Then welding or bondo. Then smoothing it out. Then painting. Good luck.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:43 AM

ants right... it has to bolt to something, and that something would be steel bars that run the length of the roof panel on both sides... removing it is definately posible, try looking under the end caps...
however, removing it will leave big holes that will have to be shored up so to speak... welding a plate in there is an option, tho I dont know thats the route I would go with... I would prolly try to come up with something that would be reversible, should I ever want to sell the vehicle... but thats just me

luck.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:57 PM

i took mine off to paint them. there are three mounting points on each side.
they consist basically of "weld nuts" on the roof.
you would nedd to grind , sand, prime, and paint the three points.
.........or , figure out a way to fill in the channel. the es, i think ,does not have a rack. mabe there are filler pieces which can be purchased !

Quick Reply: please help me!!!!