Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

poor build qualilty

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 07:45 AM
Default poor build qualilty

The build quality on my new outlander is very bad. Rattleson the driver’s door panel, passenger seat rattles when empty and the lower glove box lid rattles

Wind noise to round the door seals too

and the worst the engine makes a grating noise like there is no oil in the engine the dealer states it’s the bearing on the front, I am not sure my car was built in July 07 and is the 2008 model so it should not have this problem

When I ask the service dept that tell me they are too busy to deal with me , but they think it’s safe to drive bring it in next Monday (7 days)

Mitsubishi UK now no longer reply to my e-mails now

Oh

And the radio led display too dark to read in bright sunshine all I get from Mitsubishi UK we had no other complaints about this.

This is my second Mitsubishi and I had no problems with the first. (shogun sport)

anybody else have these problems?
Puddy
Ps it still only got 300 miles on the clock

Old 09-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Default RE: poor build qualilty

i think we all have these problems, do you have a rocking drivers seat too? i think it should be recalled, or is there one already?

Old 09-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Banned

Sand in vagina syndrome.

There is a TSB on pretty much all of those things. Your dealer should take care of it.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:04 PM

So your car is a diesel 4 cylinder?

Old 09-20-2007, 01:33 PM

Just bought my Outie 5-2007, have put over 6k miles on it so far. I have no rattling what so ever from the drivers door panel, the passenger seat, or the glove box. So cant agree with you there at all.

I have the sun package, and even with the sun roof the inside of the Outie is pretty quite. I have no complains about wind noise. Sounds like your dealer sucks though. The dash LCD's can be adjusted, make sure they are not on a low setting.

One thing that I can complain about though is with the MMCS. The settings for beep sound, and other various settings change back to default every so often. Weird. Anyone else having that problem? Not trying to jack thread.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:25 PM

has anyone heard of or have the "hard shift" into second problem or is it just me?

Old 09-20-2007, 05:20 PM

theres a software update for the ECM and TCM. first one eliminates occasional hesitation when accelerating, and the latter takes care of some minor shifting glitches.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:49 PM

puddy, you said your engine makes noises right? Is it on the left side while standing in front of the engine? Mine makes grating sounds too. When it is idle, I can hear it clearly at night in my quiet neighborhood. It is not as calm as my 95 avalon...

Is it normal? Or should I go back to the dealer again...[X(]

Old 09-20-2007, 07:08 PM

can't comment on engine noise, for most part because I don't care. Car is covered with full warranty for a long time, so if anything happens they'll fix it.

As far as interior noises I haven't noticed anything yet, but I owned TSX prior to an Outlander and I tell you that it had horrible rattles and squeaky seat (was fixed per dealer TSB though). Even more luxury TL had similar problems with interior.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:16 PM

So far the only thing from that list that I have experienced is a slight rattle some were around the passenger area, I suspect is either the door or seat and the ocational plastic cracking sound wich is normal due to temperature variations, because it expands and contracts rapidlly. But those are verry verry minor complaints and I'm happy that is all I can whine about. lol. About the "rocking driver seat", it only happens in one of the settings, so now I just avoid that setting. I think the sound you guys are hearing from the engine is simply the oil splash mechanism(oil being sucked from the pan and splashed on the top). My Lancer RA used to make the samesound and I was told it was that,I occationally hear it in the outtie when I really listen for it, so I'd imagine thats what itis. You are driving a wonderful driving machine that is loads of fun to drive and has great utillity, but it wasnot designedfor luxury and quietness, get used to it, rattles and squeaks are gona happen(sooner or later).

Quick Reply: poor build qualilty