Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

poor build qualilty

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 11:33 PM
Default RE: poor build qualilty

oh thanks oto. I thought there were something wrong with the engine when it is idle. I keep hearing this sound up in the engine everytime the engine is running. I thought one of the parts inside something wrong. It created this grating sound. But anyways, if its oil sucking to the top, then let the problem aside.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:17 AM

The only problems I had were the Wheel bearing noise that was fixed. I also had the side mirror noise which I fixed. Other than that everything has been good. I have none of your other problems.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:26 AM

No engine noise no gear shift hesitations no rattles nothing!
MIght build'm tougher for the Aussie outback!
mulder

Old 09-21-2007, 07:19 AM

ORIGINAL: tdford

Just bought my Outie 5-2007, have put over 6k miles on it so far. I have no rattling what so ever from the drivers door panel, the passenger seat, or the glove box. So cant agree with you there at all.

I have the sun package, and even with the sun roof the inside of the Outie is pretty quite. I have no complains about wind noise. Sounds like your dealer sucks though. The dash LCD's can be adjusted, make sure they are not on a low setting.

One thing that I can complain about though is with the MMCS. The settings for beep sound, and other various settings change back to default every so often. Weird. Anyone else having that problem? Not trying to jack thread.
I am talking about the radio display (not mmc) I know the dash diplay can be turned up and down but not the radio display on mine. I am missing something here?

Puddy

Old 09-21-2007, 11:52 AM

Puddy,
As I said before. I have the base radio. If you drive around during the day with the lights anywhere but switched to off then the display is impossible to see if the sun shines on it.
Turn the switch to the head lights completely off and see if that makes a difference.

My only complaint about this car is the radio, that will be replaced eventually. For now Im feeding satelite into it.

On another note... if you have crap in the door pockets it will make noise. Also there is a void under the seats that things slide into. I had some screwdrivers in there and they made a bunch of noise.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-21-2007, 02:52 PM

ORIGINAL: puddy

The build quality on my new outlander is very bad. Rattleson the driver’s door panel,
Have you had your windows tinted? If so there might be something left loose behind the door panel after the fit, they would have had to of taken them off to do them.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:19 PM

Well my upper glove box lid rattles and also my passanger front seat belt release button, doors and some "crik" noise in general around the dash and doors. May be is the daytime heat here (arround 90 to 100 F). Also after fighting for months with the dealer I still having and engine noise in the alternator belt tensioner. See my past post https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_148177/tm.htm

Old 09-21-2007, 09:26 PM

I have all those rattles coming from exactly the same spots you mention, minus the engine noise.
*edit*
they wont be notisable unless unless going through bumps or rough roads, or if the radio is on, but on really quiet rides + some really bad NC roads its defenetly notisable. I will try to find some time this week end and see if theres anything that needs tightening.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:32 PM

ORIGINAL: BoldlyGoingNowhere
Turn the switch to the head lights completely off and see if that makes a difference.

My only complaint about this car is the radio, that will be replaced eventually. On another note... if you have crap in the door pockets it will make noise. [align=left][/align]
My headlights are in the off postion and their nothing in my door pockets

ORIGINAL: Sebba
There is a TSB on pretty much all of those things. Your dealer should take care of it.
My dealer said they dont read TSB they are too busy to read them

ORIGINAL: tdford
. Sounds like your dealer sucks though. The dash LCD's can be adjusted, make sure they are not on a low setting.

One thing that I can complain about though is with the MMCS.
But it doesnt make the base radio brighter anyway you have the MMCS so don't have this problem but thankyou for your input. as for my dealer they are great its Mitsubishi HQ UKI have a problem with!

ORIGINAL: Manybrews

theres a software update for the ECM and TCM. first one eliminates occasional hesitation when accelerating, and the latter takes care of some minor shifting glitches.
Mines a diesel with a manual gearbox so does the tsb cover this?

ORIGINAL: tufduck

puddy, you said your engine makes noises right? Is it on the left side while standing in front of the engine? Mine makes grating sounds too. When it is idle, I can hear it clearly at night in my quiet neighborhood. It is not as calm as my 95 avalon...

Is it normal? Or should I go back to the dealer again...[X(]
On the left side Yes I would go back to the dealer

ORIGINAL: OTO27

, but it wasnot designedfor luxury and quietness, get used to it, rattles and squeaks are gona happen(sooner or later).
I would say a car that costing over $ 42000 should be a luxury car as for the engine noise I guess your is not a diesel engine?

ORIGINAL: tufduck

oh thanks oto. I thought there were something wrong with the engine when it is idle. I keep hearing this sound up in the engine everytime the engine is running. I thought one of the parts inside something wrong. It created this grating sound. But anyways, if its oil sucking to the top, then let the problem aside.
Mines the diesel engine even though diesel engines are noiser I can still here the sound I hope its just a cover in the engine bay thats is making the noise.

ORIGINAL: zontarh

Have you had your windows tinted? If so there might be something left loose behind the door panel after the fit, they would have had to of taken them off to do them.
I have the warroir trim i thought the back and rear hatch windows were tinted glass and had been tinted at the factory?

ORIGINAL: phaserkb

Well my upper glove box lid rattles and also my passanger front seat belt release button, doors and some "crik" noise in general around the dash and doors. May be is the daytime heat here (arround 90 to 100 F). Also after fighting for months with the dealer I still having and engine noise in the alternator belt tensioner. See my past post https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_148177/tm.htm
I thought it was just me I am sorry your having the same problems as me.

ORIGINAL: OTO27

I have all those rattles coming from exactly the same spots you mention, minus the engine noise.
*edit*
they wont be notisable unless unless going through bumps or rough roads, or if the radio is on, but on really quiet rides + some really bad NC roads its defenetly notisable. I will try to find some time this week end and see if theres anything that needs tightening.
My dealer will try to solve these problems on Monday I Hope

Thank you for all your input and help

Puddy

Old 09-21-2007, 10:43 PM
Banned

Well thats a ****ing ****ty *** dealership and you should go some place else

Quick Reply: poor build qualilty