Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

poor build qualilty

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 11:34 PM
Default RE: poor build qualilty

Hey puddy, let me know how things turn out. I would like to know what is causing the rattles and how to fix them, it is really not a big issue, but your are right, these things shouldn't happen when we are paying so much $.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:53 AM

I'm reading two other Outlander-forums (Russia and Germany) and everyboy is complaing about radio display, but MMC has only standart answer :"... we had no other complaints about this!" It's unbelievable, isn't it? May be we shold wreit a common comlaint abaut this problem.

Regards
Andrej
(Sorry for my English)

Old 09-22-2007, 06:52 PM

You guys need to chill about this rattling issue. It's common on more expensive cars (suchs as Acura, Lexus, Audi that I am aware of) In my case I have less rattle then I had in 06 Acura TSX

Old 09-22-2007, 11:00 PM

My brother in laws Lexus is much more noisy hitting bumps than the Outlander and I dont have any strange noises.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: OTO27

I have all those rattles coming from exactly the same spots you mention, minus the engine noise.
*edit*
they wont be notisable unless unless going through bumps or rough roads, or if the radio is on, but on really quiet rides + some really bad NC roads its defenetly notisable. I will try to find some time this week end and see if theres anything that needs tightening.
Agree, but in Puerto Rico ALL the roads (including highways) are damaged, in construction or poorly constructed or designed. From 1 to 10 Puerto Rico roads quality is 0. Believe me, even the quiest car in the planet can be noisy in PR roads.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:37 AM

I got my car back yesterday all I was told was a bolt missing some ware and the car should be fine now! They did say this issue should have beenpicked upat the factory

I went out to my car and found muddy boot prints in the passenger’s side carpet, lots of boot prints in the driver’s side seat were dirty and the plastic trim in the drivers foot well was muddy too. So I went back in and told them this was not acceptable level of service. I was very annoyed its only done 350 miles. They took the car back in and cleaned it up.

I asked if Mitsubishi UK HQ had been in touch about the radio display issue they hadn’t and Mitsubishi did know the car was at the dealership.

So apart from the radio issue everything’s been fixed. So hopefully I should have miles of defect free motoring and get back to enjoying my new car

Puddy

Old 09-25-2007, 09:47 PM

I'd apreciate it if you could find out what bolt was missing, so I can point it out to them, other wise they will probably just think I'm crazy.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:02 AM

ORIGINAL: OTO27

I'd apreciate it if you could find out what bolt was missing, so I can point it out to them, other wise they will probably just think I'm crazy.
That will be a problem because they won't tell me all they say is it fixed. I have never been treated like this I want to know incase its damaged anything else.

Puddy

Old 09-26-2007, 08:31 PM

Call Mitsubishi. Its unfortunate some dealers are difficult. Mitsubishi needs to know. You have a right to know.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:13 AM

Definitely. As a customer, you have every right to know what's been done to your vehicle.

Quick Reply: poor build qualilty