Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

poor wind insulation?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Default poor wind insulation?

Hi everyone! I purchased an '07 Outlander LS with about 11,600 miles on it about a month ago...I have since noticed a few things I didn't catch at first...

The driver's side window/door seems to have a lot of wind noise...even on a calm, windless day. The passenger side window/door is totally fine. I previously had a '98 Eclipse and it seemed to have a lot of wind noise around the sunroof, but my Outy doesn't have a sunroof and this is definitely at the drivers side window. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a Mitsu thing or is there something wrong with my specific Outy...any ideas how I could wind-proof it better?

Old 08-02-2008, 01:17 AM
Default RE: poor wind insulation?

I would check the rubber seals and door lock adjustment. It seems to be a known problem with some Outlanders.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:20 PM

I don't suppose this would be covered under the warranty or anything?

Old 08-02-2008, 08:39 PM

Being in the US you should get the balance of the 5 yr/60,000 mile warranty so take it back to dealer to see what they say.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:43 PM

Outlander Joe do you ever go to the Selinsgrove speedway to watch the Pennsylvania Posse sprint cars? I am a big World of Outlaws fan.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:24 PM

I didn't buy it from a Mitsu dealership, but there is one about an hour away, so hopefully they would still validate the work. Jake, no I haven't really checked out the speedway, but I actually live only about a mile away and I can hear it from my house every Friday/Saturday night in the summer!

Old 08-03-2008, 11:12 PM

Try to lower driver's side window so that window lower seals are even. Somebody wrote that side window is going too high and that increases wind noise level. I definetely can notice difference when I lower my side windows a little bit, wind noise is not so clear anymore.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:34 AM

Its my understanding that you get the balance of the 5yr/60,000 mile warranty regardless of who you bought the outlander from. I would however call or go to the dealer as soon as possible on this.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:18 PM

I am in the same boat as you. I just bought a 07 Outlander LS AWD last weekend and my only disappoint is the wind noise. I also only hear from the driver's side. Keep us posted as to your progress. I am going to check with my dealer. Google yeilded this:
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/dir...ew/.f0e3b6c/70
Talks about repair made to side mirrors. I am skeptical this will solve as the problem is only noticeable on the driver's side.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:58 AM

Here's solution to wind noise problem, in europe many users solved in this way:

http://outlander-forum.forumattivo.c...sterni-t38.htm

Cheers

Quick Reply: poor wind insulation?