Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

poping sound when turning off the car

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Default poping sound when turning off the car

I recently noticed that when I turn off the car, I hear a poping sound from the back. I think that it's coming from the subwoofer, since it does it when I turn the ignition off, even from the accessory setting. Anybody notice the same thing?

Old 05-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Default RE: poping sound when turning off the car

Negative here. It could justbe the sub switching off and causing the "pop" as feedback.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:55 PM

Nadda for me as well. I do hope you meant a "popping" sound as a pooping sound would be terrible.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Fisherman

Nadda for me as well. I do hope you meant a "popping" sound as a pooping sound would be terrible.
LOL

Old 05-23-2008, 07:40 AM
Default RE: popping sound when turning off the car

Either way I don't like it [:'(]. Earlier this year I had a bigger issue with the sound system where it went silent of of a sudden for a few days followed by a couple of days where the stereo all that would come out of the speakers is a loud distorted noise (and no it's not because of my music selection! ). This all lasted about a week, and everything seem to go back to normal. I think that I'll just have it looked at the next time I take it for service.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:13 AM

poping - pooping - popping ....we new what you meant. I just had to have a little fun with that one.

Sounds like you may have a loose ground wire or a short in the system that is intermittent. Have fun finding that one. Sounds like something to let thedealer look at. If you describe ita tech at the dealership the way you described it in your post, they shouldbe able to track it down.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:41 AM

Haven't taken it to service yet, but I will soon, this thing is going from bad to worst. The stereo now quits regularly and displays "ERROR DC". turning the car off for a few seconds usually resets it and it works for another 5-30 minutes. It does it no matter what I'm listening to, I'm thinking that DC is related to the power?!? The manual talks about other errors but not this one, anyways I'll find out from the dealer.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:51 AM

DC would be direct current. To be honest I have no idea what a car runs on, besides its usual 12 votls lol. Poping sounds for a sub could be a loose connection. If its loose you could be throwing some safety feature to prevent everything from blowing up. Your amp could also be crapping out on you.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:19 PM

A car does run on DC, that's the basis of my assumption.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:27 AM

Took the car to the dealer yesterday, they will be replacing the radio tomorrow, BTW I have the RF system. I was reading on another forum that a few people have had to get the radio replaced.

Quick Reply: poping sound when turning off the car