Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Possible to disable Icy conditions warning?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Default Possible to disable Icy conditions warning?

Well I live in Canada and for the next 5 months it will likely be cold enough I'll be getting this warning every time I start it up. Is it possible to disable this warning?

I have an 08 LS without Nav.[/align]

Old 11-20-2008, 04:52 PM
tcp
Default RE: Possible to disable Icy conditions warning?

nope, enjoy.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:57 PM

Dam, It's even more annoying because we park it in a garage. It takes a couple minutes of driving before it cools down and the warning goes off.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:41 PM

I got that message last winter in Beaumont, CA. Possible Icy Road Conditions warning. Temp gauge read like 34-37F.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:01 PM

Yeah, this warning is the worst. My BMW and the Mini before that also give this warning. Always makes my heart stop for a second, thinking something is wrong. I wish I could disable this, such a stupid thing for those who live in cold climates.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:33 PM

are you people serious?
deal with the warning. all 10 seconds of it. Quit whining.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:33 PM

edit

Old 11-21-2008, 09:39 AM
tcp

Mr Brews:
The problem is less with it happening once, it is part of a whole series of warnings and effects that can drive you crazy. Here's an example:

You start the car, have winter wheels/tires without the TPMS and get the tire pressure error.
Wait until it allows you to reset the error by holding the button for a few seconds. Errors disappear. Pull out of the garage, cold weather warning goes off. wait. Now the tire pressure sensor warning comes on again. wait and hold button to reset again. get to the end of the street where there is a bit of ice under one wheel, triggering the ABS. Uh oh, the TPMS has to be reset again. Now the temperature is around 3C and as you go up in elevation it goes above 3C, then as you descend into a valley, below 3C triggering the warning again...then you get to do the TPMS again...etc.

The fact that you can't disable the warnings causes steady display issues. I usually leave the TPMS warning and don't reset it. Makes the display useless during winter months...quite a "feature", eh?

Old 11-21-2008, 09:54 AM

just get nitrogen filled....it cost me $12 to get all tires filled with it. then you won't have to worry about the TMPS warnings when cold.
the ICY Roads warning on the other hand is useful. it comes up at +3 degrees and below. kinda reminds you not to do those fast turns :-)

Old 11-21-2008, 04:45 PM
tcp

There are no TPMS sensors in my winter wheels. I'd have to have the dealer program them every fall and spring $$$ when I change over. Nitrogen makes no difference. Regular air is already 78% nitrogen. The expansion and contraction of the remaining 22%(mainly O2 and CO2)is really negligable if you check your pressures every couple of weeks anyway. Nitrogen is a scam.

Quick Reply: Possible to disable Icy conditions warning?