Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Programming Door's lock

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Default RE: Programming Door

Well, you kind of missed the point...LOL

At $18 is not a bad add-on especially since most SUVs in the market offer this feature... it's not cool that Mitsu. cheapen out on little things like this... I do think autolock should have been included standard...

ORIGINAL: kene4466

Just lock the doors soon as you get in, its just a habit for me and have it set to automatic unlock when you get out, problem solved.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:12 PM

Yes i agree, but I'm not so good at wiring I'd eff everything up. Knowing me I'd start it up and it would literally lock me inside and wouldn't be able to get out unless I climbed out the windows.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:40 PM

Just lock the doors soon as you get in, its just a habit for me and have it set to automatic unlock when you get out, problem solved.
How do you do automatic unlock ? Mine doesnt' do this. Though, i think its' weird that if you unlock your car from the remote and if you don't open a door in 15 seconds it locks back ? You would think that you could manipulate this to your bidding ...

Old 10-07-2008, 12:34 AM

This is the reason I like to lock my doors...

It's important that doors DO stay closed in an accident for three reasons: (1) So you're not ejected from the car, (2) so if you slide into a tree or a telephone pole, the door takes the first hit, rather than your spleen, and (3) so the roof doesn't collapse. The doors are an important part of the car's structural integrity, holding up the roof and keeping the body from twisting.So the question is, Does locking the door add any FURTHER protection to keep the doors closed in an accident? The answer is, sometimes, yes.Locking the door doesn't add additional bolts or anything. It simply disables the latch mechanism, as you say, Tom. But in some severe accidents, the inertia just the force created by crashing into something can be enough to move the rod or springs inside the door and allow the door to open and by locking the door, you simply eliminate that possibility.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: arshem

How do you do automatic unlock ? Mine doesnt' do this. Though, i think its' weird that if you unlock your car from the remote and if you don't open a door in 15 seconds it locks back ? You would think that you could manipulate this to your bidding ...

Well if you have the Navigation, hit Set then System you'll find it in there.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Default RE: Programming Door's

ORIGINAL: jsrd
Part number is MMSM0089AA, and it has a cost of 1500 pesos (145 dollars)
You know what, I have been asking around for this part number but nobody is able to find it.
Would anybody be able to tell me if this relay is a standard relay which can be bought at any auto parts store? [&:]or is it just Mitsubishi's Mexico thing?

MitsuPartsman any ideas??

any input from anybody is more than welcomed...

Old 10-10-2008, 08:49 AM

Hi Shambala. I used a SPDT Relay which I bought in a store autoparts, and only equaled the connection of the terminals on this reley based with the instructions that Mitsubishi give me (I did not buy the accesory with Mitsubishi). I am uploading an image with the indications in English (translation on-line) of the relay that I used, and hope to be able to soon upload the pics of the relay installed with one better explanation.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:55 AM

ORIGINAL: dario99gst

This is the reason I like to lock my doors...

It's important that doors DO stay closed in an accident for three reasons: (1) So you're not ejected from the car, (2) so if you slide into a tree or a telephone pole, the door takes the first hit, rather than your spleen, and (3) so the roof doesn't collapse. The doors are an important part of the car's structural integrity, holding up the roof and keeping the body from twisting.So the question is, Does locking the door add any FURTHER protection to keep the doors closed in an accident? The answer is, sometimes, yes.Locking the door doesn't add additional bolts or anything. It simply disables the latch mechanism, as you say, Tom. But in some severe accidents, the inertia just the force created by crashing into something can be enough to move the rod or springs inside the door and allow the door to open and by locking the door, you simply eliminate that possibility.

... well said.
TY

Old 11-04-2008, 03:10 PM

Some additional pics of the installation of my relay and the wires that will be due to connect, that complements the information previous of this thread, I hope are of aid. . .

Old 07-15-2009, 07:24 AM

JSRD,
Thanks for the info on this.

Can you clarify a few things. (I want to make sure I got the translation right. Its been a LONG time since Spanish class)
From your pictures, it looks like you found all the wires you need in the drivers kick panel.

I need to connect 30 to a white wire/black strip. This is the wire that will meter when I lock the car.
85 goes to White dotted wire, on a lower harness, and should meter when in reverse.
86 and 87 go to ground.

All this sound right?

Quick Reply: Programming Door's lock