Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Proud owner of a 2016 Outlander GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 04:30 PM
Default Back Bumper Protector

Installed a bumper protector so that I won't scratch anything loading and unloading. Also got a rubber guard to protect against parallel parking in the city. People disregard other people's property. It's so common for people to scrape and bump other cars while parking. Kinda sucks.

Attached Thumbnails Proud owner of a 2016 Outlander GT-image.jpeg  
Old 08-02-2016, 06:06 PM
Default Maxpider floor mat

Got these from Amazon. It's on par with weather tech and way better than the OEM all weather floor mats.

Last edited by nabwong; 08-02-2016 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:47 PM
Default Onrww

Washed my car using Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax. I have to say that I'm quite impressed. Didn't have to use a hose. Just a bucket with 1 gallon of water and 1oz of concentrate, spray bottle for touch up and lots of microfiber cloths.

Old 08-06-2016, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by nabwong
Washed my car using Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax. I have to say that I'm quite impressed. Didn't have to use a hose. Just a bucket with 1 gallon of water and 1oz of concentrate, spray bottle for touch up and lots of microfiber cloths.
Big fan of ONR. To make sure you don't scratch, 2 buckets and a grit guard are highly recommended. Been using for a few years and it's shocking how well it works.

Old 08-06-2016, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by theSaint024
Big fan of ONR. To make sure you don't scratch, 2 buckets and a grit guard are highly recommended. Been using for a few years and it's shocking how well it works.
What's your 2 bucket system?

I use one bucket (with grit guard and wash mitt) for the "wash" and then use microfiber cloth to wipe it dry. If I need a touch up, I'll use the spray bottle.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by nabwong
What's your 2 bucket system?

I use one bucket (with grit guard and wash mitt) for the "wash" and then use microfiber cloth to wipe it dry. If I need a touch up, I'll use the spray bottle.
I can't take credit for the 2 bucket system. 1 bucket with the ONR for wash solution, 2nd bucket for grit guard and rinsing the dirt off the wash mitt. Then put mitt back in 1st bucket for more wash solution. This way you won't get most of the dirt that is picked up back into the wash solution. Maybe every other time I wash I put a cap full of the ONR wax into the wash solution. I learned this stuff from youtube mostly. I do a 2 bucket method with my regular wash as well. One for wash, one for rinse.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by theSaint024
I can't take credit for the 2 bucket system. 1 bucket with the ONR for wash solution, 2nd bucket for grit guard and rinsing the dirt off the wash mitt. Then put mitt back in 1st bucket for more wash solution. This way you won't get most of the dirt that is picked up back into the wash solution. Maybe every other time I wash I put a cap full of the ONR wax into the wash solution. I learned this stuff from youtube mostly. I do a 2 bucket method with my regular wash as well. One for wash, one for rinse.

Cool. I'll try it. Do you use a step stool or something else to reach the middle of the roof?

Old 08-10-2016, 12:38 PM

Congrats... BTW I have 2011 GT... all black ...bought in NJ in dec 2010
Agree with the mpg thing... mine gives 29ish on HWY cruising at 65-70..local drops to 20-21...

IMO the evo faced Outies are better looking but new ones are good on mpg

Old 08-12-2016, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by ceelogreen
Congrats... BTW I have 2011 GT... all black ...bought in NJ in dec 2010
Agree with the mpg thing... mine gives 29ish on HWY cruising at 65-70..local drops to 20-21...

IMO the evo faced Outies are better looking but new ones are good on mpg
Nice. My previous car was black and it was a drag keeping it clean. Black is a great color when it's clean though.

I'm the opposite. I prefer the current face much more than the older ones. There isn't a bad line on the 2016 to me.

Old 08-13-2016, 07:47 PM

Outlander ****.

Quick Reply: Proud owner of a 2016 Outlander GT