Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Pull the trigger? Or wait for the 2008s?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Default Pull the trigger? Or wait for the 2008s?

After doing a ton of research and test drives, I've decided the 2007 Outlander XLS 4WD with luxury package, sun and sound, and (I think) navigation package is the one for me.

I just wish the silver exterior had a light color leather choice. Oh well -- it will be the silver with black leather, or the blue with beige leather. I'm leaning toward the silver (despite telling myself I'd never get a vehicle with black interior due to summer heat). And those silver roof rails do match very closely to the silver exterior paint.

But I don't really need to buy NOW, and I won't be pleased if some extra goodies are available on the 2008. Like the option of no third row seat on the XLS (I don't need it or want it) or, especially, heated side view mirrors! Or heated seat buttons that you can actually get to with a pair of winter gloves on!

So please --- if you think the navigation package is really worth it, tell me why? And why should I pull the trigger now instead of waiting until September for the 2008?

Bud H

Old 04-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Default RE: Pull the trigger? Or wait for the 2008s?

There most likely wont be any changes between 07 and 08. They may fix the clunking wheel bearing... and drivers side mirror, other than that, They will be the same. Most likely, you will save money on an 07 if you get it later in the year, but before november.
However the outies are selling really well, and trying to find an 07 later in the year my be difficult, especially if you push it to the end of the model year.
Oh, and you get the heated side mirrors with the XLS, we have been over this here like a million times, and the deal is that they heat up when you defrost the rear window...
Mitsu most likely chose not to put the little sticker on the mirror, cause they didnt really have a place for the button, and they didnt want to confuse people by showing a sticker, and then them not being able to find the button.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:41 PM

If you don't need to buy now then don't. They could make improvments with the 08 model. Then again it could stay the same. Dude how big are your winter gloves that you cant reach the heat button? Just take them off for 2 seconds if you by some chance really cant reach the button and put them back on. With gloves that big you wont be able to control the touch screen or use the steering wheel controls. If the 07 sells really good and they do make a couple changes then they might even jack the price up.

If you want tan leather instead of black leather then you could find a wrecked one and swap it. Maybe work something out with a dealer and put black leather in a model that doesnt offer it. Im sure there is some in the same position that you are. They got tan and they really wanted black. You two could swap. I dont know it was just a few ideas off the top of my head.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:45 AM

I have a feeling this model will go "untouched" for the most part until 2008. But yeah, if you don't have to buy now, then just wait. I've been waiting for the 07 Outlander since it was announced Jan 06, so it was a loooong wait, but it was worth it.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:25 PM
JMC

There are only minor updates...the Outlander will be the same for at least 4 years. So...just pull the trigger or get the Outlander.