Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Question about Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Default Question about Oil Change

Need help for Oil Change ..[/align]the owner's manual recommand 5W-20, but also show the scale of 5W20 / 5W30 are similar.[/align]Question: Is 5W30 can also use for Outlander? or HAS to use 5W20? or there is NO different between 5W20 and 5W30[/align]

Old 10-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Default RE: Question about Oil Change

I have seen people use synthetic 5W40 "Sports oil"

Old 10-14-2008, 07:29 AM

It depends on where you live,in areas where the outside temperature tends to be above 100F 5W-30 or 10W-30 is probably a better choice, but if you live somewhere more temperate, I would stick to 5W-20.
Why are you asking?

Old 10-14-2008, 07:34 AM

here's a good link to explain oil viscosity http://www.valvoline.com/carcare/art...2&scccid=2

late model Mitsubishis use 5w oils to limit engine wear at startup the 20, 30 or 40 is your overall viscostiy after warmup and can be adjusted to suit driving habits and climate.

always use oils with anAPI ratingof SL to avoid engine gel or sludge.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:07 PM

STICK to 5w-20 if the manual says that. you can also see it on the oil cap that says 5w-20

Don't get so confused about oil. I would scratch my head if I put $4,000 of performance parts and really want a good quality oil.

for a daily driver dont sweat it out. stick to the 5w-30 but used Mitsubishi oil. I tried different oil but Mitsu is better. if you use mobile it ispretty expensive to put for a dialy driver.

Mitsubishi Oil Change at the dealer is about $30.00

Old 10-14-2008, 01:10 PM

I'm curious, just how did you determine that MistubishiOil is better?

Old 10-14-2008, 01:28 PM

It is better because whenthe oil isalmost BLACK my engine does not sound louder or noisier.

Compared to Valvoline and Castrol regular oil my engine I noticedis more louder when its alreadydue for an oil change.

I already went to three different mitsubishi part services. they always tell me to put Mitsubishi oil and my car is almost 38,000 miles for a 2008.

I started using Mitsubishi oil when it was 15,000 miles. the oilI used was Mopar totally incompatible with the MIVEC engine.

Synthetic isa different story because it is more expensive but I think it also better on THE MIVEC engine

My first oil change was 6,000 miles I knew Mitsubishi used a Synthetic oil when they sold the car to me but it was a totally different synthetic oil only used for 6,000 for new cars. it was a synthetic oil for newer engine.

I will be using synthetic when my car is 60,000 miles and start putting performance parts on it.

But is really up to you to whatever oil you use. if you want the ACME oil brand you can do that and car will still run but for me after using 3 major brand of oil. I stick to the one my engine likes which is the 3 Diamond motor oil.

The Mitsubishi Oil is actually made by Mitsubishi Oil from Japan not made by Mobile, BP,Hess or Shell. It is Made In Japan so it means the quality is pretty high.

Mitsubishi Oil is a Conglomerate of Mitsubishi Group of companies.

Will you trust a company that madeplanes during WW2 the Japanese Zero, a company who is really anexpert industrial machines?

I will.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:52 PM

Hey beat, What do you mean Mitsubishi oil? The only engine oil mitsubishi sells is Mobil 1. Everything else is supplied by a local vender to the dealership.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:53 PM

Well go to the dealer parts dept there should be a Blackplastic bottlewitha 3 Diamond on it. Even the Anti-Freeze has a 3 diamond on it. I have been using Mitsubishi parts and every parts has Mitsubishi Logo embeded on it. even the Water pump has a Mitsubishi name on it.

Are you serious you never seen a 3 Diamond brand products before made by Mitsubishi? And You drive a Mitsusbishi

What State do you live?

if your dealer sells other cars beside Mitsubishi like American cars. they will be using generic brand of oil.

If they used Mobile 1 oil you should be paying more than $30.00 and believe me Dealers just don't put synthetic oil
ifthe owner of the car didn't ask for it and only charge $30.00 instead of $60.00 to $80.00 for synthetic even regular Mobile 1 oil is still expensive

I have to take a pic in order for you to believe mebut for sure there is a 3 Diamond motor oil.

goodluck what ever Oil you put on your car it is your call not mine and your car not mine.

I was just being So honest WHAT IS REALLY GOOD FOR THE MIVEC ENGINE without the extra dollar to spend.

peace

Old 10-14-2008, 03:17 PM

I believe you that their might be some oil jugs with a Mitsubishi logo on them, but Mitsubishi does not manufacture oil.

Quick Reply: Question about Oil Change