Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Question Semi-Custom Leatherette Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 12:12 AM
Exclamation Question Semi-Custom Leatherette Seat Covers

I need help choosing the perfect semi-custom fake leather seat covers. I only have experience installing custom/exact fit leather seat covers before and it's a huge 5 hour pain in the finger tips! Plus I'm not about to spent over half a grand on seat covers. I just like the look and feel of leather, but I really don't care if it's real or not. I'm tired of my clothing sticking to my cloth seats and want to be able to slide around in my seat.

DIFFERENCE IN TYPES OF SEAT COVERS

UNIVERSAL SEAT COVERS= GENERIC SEAT COVERS THAT WILL FIT MOST CARS, AND THE FIT MAY BE EXTREMELY LOSE.

SEMI-CUSTOM SEAT COVERS= SEAT COVERS THAT WILL FIT ONLY A PARTICULAR TYPE OF SEATS. THE SEAT COVERS WILL FIT BETTER THAN UNIVERSAL SEAT COVERS. THEY MAY REQUIRE ADJUSTMENTS AND THEY WILL NOT FIT LIKE A PERFECTLY CUSTOM DESIGNED SEAT COVER.

CUSTOM SEAT COVERS = PERFECTLY FITTED SEAT COVERS, CUSTOM MADE ONLY FOR ONE SPECIFIC VEHICLE/MAKE/MODEL/YEAR AND THEY WILL COST HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS
This seller had told me that the straps do not show and that they are Semi-Custom seat covers.
14pc Black PU Leather Seat Covers Bench Black Rubber Mats for SUVs 9208 | eBay
Having any type of seat cover restraint showing is the only thing I'm concerned about.

These are the other 3 I've been looking at too where I'm waiting for the seller's response to whether any securing straps show and if the seat covers cover everything.
17pc Black PU Faux Synthetic Leather Complete SUV Seat Covers Set Head Rests | eBay
22pc Full Set Leather Black SUV Seat Covers Bucket Bench Wheel Head Belt Pads | eBay
23pc Full Set Leather Black SUV Seat Covers Buckets Bench Wheel Head Belt Pads | eBay

I don't know why the difference in price and pieces in all 3 of them. I'm not familiar with non custom fit seat covers at all and I've been searching all over trying to find installed pictures from other forums. From what I can gather, I THINK, all the securing straps and such are under the front row seats, and for the 2nd row seats, the straps are behind and under the seats. As long as they're out of sight it's fine with me.

This is the only forum I can find with actual Semi-Custom Leather Seat Covers, but they're not installed and I can't tell which is the back and which is the front to see if all the straps and such are tucked away or not when installed.
FS: Semi-Custom Leather Seat Covers - Honda Civic Forum
Name:  P9171223.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  115.6 KB
Name:  P9171224.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  127.4 KB
Name:  P9171225.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  126.0 KB
Name:  P9171226.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  149.1 KB

I'm also trying to contact Coverking, because they make vehicle specific leatherette seat covers, but I can only find the Outlander from their list.
https://www.facebook.com/Coverking
Car Covers

Old 08-04-2013, 02:49 AM

Personally I'd rather buy from a wrecker.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:07 AM

mmmm. Sweaty faux leather.
Cant imagine anything worse.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:15 AM

Exactly. Has to be breathe able.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:06 AM

Hey Wesley, have you tried custom made car seat covers from Saddleman, they have almost all models of cars and trucks, you can order from here https://www.saddleman.com/fabric-selection ; I ordered for my Mercedes coupe 300 and got a premium pair seat covers, thinking of buying outlander that's why I'm here, hope my advice can help you