Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Questions about MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Default Questions about MMCS

Hi guys,
I have 3 questions about the MMCS that I can't seem to figure out:
1. How do I get to the version info of the bootloader? I've tried pressing SET + INFO and hold it for a few seconds, but the information doesn't come up. Does the ignition have to be in certain status? I wanted to apply the Image During Motion hack.

2. Is there a way to find out how much storage you have left in your music server?

3. Can you display the radio station info & music played for the FM/AM radio? I noticed when I test drove the 08 Outlander that has no navigation it was able to do this in the little screen. I wouldn't imagine you lose that feature with the navigation?

Thank you all...

Old 11-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Default RE: Questions about MMCS

ORIGINAL: joxong

Hi guys,
I have 3 questions about the MMCS that I can't seem to figure out:
1. How do I get to the version info of the bootloader? I've tried pressing SET + INFO and hold it for a few seconds, but the information doesn't come up. Does the ignition have to be in certain status? I wanted to apply the Image During Motion hack.
Its SET+NAVI for a few seconds. As long as the MMCS is powered up, it will work. Key position is either ACC or ON.

2. Is there a way to find out how much storage you have left in your music server?
As far as I know, there is no menu option to show this info. Maybe future software updates will allow this?

3. Can you display the radio station info & music played for the FM/AM radio? I noticed when I test drove the 08 Outlander that has no navigation it was able to do this in the little screen. I wouldn't imagine you lose that feature with the navigation?
The MMCS does not support RDS/RBDS that I'm aware of. I agree that its stupid that this feature isn't available on the MMCS where the base radio has it, along with pretty much every other new car. I have no idea if its a software limitation, or if the tuner hardware doesn't support it.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:31 PM

Awesome. Thanks brian360! Yeah I'm hoping a future software update will give feature 2 & 3.. if the software update is free, is the better..

Old 11-25-2008, 10:38 PM

Best bet would be with a navigation/map upgrade disc. They would include firmware and other software updates. Like the last one thatallows the guidence voice volume to be "speed sensitive" as well as music volume.They run about $100.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:30 AM

ORIGINAL: joxong

At least in Spain and Japan, the MMCS yes have this option. . .. . .

Old 11-26-2008, 03:30 PM

The Hungarian MMSC version also has RDS. It even sets the clock with the signal...

Old 12-03-2008, 02:06 PM

Dang it.. why would the US Outie got left out of this feature while the Euro one has it. They have a better front grill too!

Old 12-04-2008, 03:59 AM

We even got backup camera as standard when ordering the nav system...
Since end of last year...

You have got the 3 liter engine in the US, here you can only buy the 2.4 or the diesels...

Yeah...and the grill is nicer...

Old 12-04-2008, 05:01 PM

Man.. that's messed up! Don't tell me you guys also get the 40GB since 08 model?

Actually I would've prefer the 2.4 than the 3.0 liter engine. I got the XLS just because I want the Xenon headlight and true leather seat. But I would easily go for the 2.4 with everything that the XLS has.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:30 AM

Here you can order the 2.4 with all the stuff.. actually here you can get all the engines with all the stuff...

I don't know about the hard drive.... i have a couple of cds on it and can't get it full... there is no indicator how much space I have....
I haven't seen any sign of the hard disk capacity even in the set+nav menu....

The brossure says it is 30gb... but it is not updated frequently....

What I am missing on the other hand is the automatic transmission for the diesel models....
I have a manual... the transmission is very good for a manual, but in the city an automatic would be nicer....
I guess they could not integrate one for the Torque.... 380Nm is pretty much the 3.0 territory....