Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Quick question about Outlander CU2W interior light bulb types

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 03:16 AM
Default Quick question about Outlander CU2W interior light bulb types

Searched the forums and didn't find anything on it, so might as well ask in a thread so it is searchable for anyone wondering in the future..

I'm going to upgrade my interior lighting on my 2006 Outlander Turbo, as they seem a bit too dim and it might just be old bulbs doing it, but.. What bulbs are used in the interior dome lights and such?

I have extensively googled it with little more than Mitsu partsnumbers as results, but not what the actual bulb/socket types are called. I figured out the rear dome light is some form of C5W bulb, but since there's like 5 different lengths of those, a bit hard to order the right one.. don't want to get a 31mm one if it takes 36, or 39.. or 41 etc.

The front dome light I only found voltage for but not bulb type, and those (3) bulbs are easily the most important to change, though I don't think ordering bulbs "in the dark" seems like a good idéa just in the hopes of maybe having the luck of ordering the correct type.

From what I gather from Google images of "upgraded to led" for them, it is desired to have 6000K bulbs to get enough light through the glass of the dome light, but nothing about what bulbs they are, nothing about if they are canbus required or not

Anyone have any list of bulbs for first gen/CU2W Outlander interior bulbs that isn't just Mitsu named partnumbers?

Old 01-10-2022, 09:18 AM

Self-bump with some answers to my own question:

Outlander/Airtrek CU2W/CU4W front interior roof dome light has 3x W5W bulbs, 12V 5W, rear interior roof dome light has C5W 31mm bulbs

Point of note, the small front running lights in the headlight also is a W5W, but think they are 12V 7.5W