Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Radar detector wiring - fuse box layout

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 02:15 AM
Default RE: Radar detector wiring - fuse box layout

Be careful doing it this way. In NJ having a radar detector is legal. Now on the other hand having it mounted in your winsheild is not. It is obstruction of view. You can get a ticket for having it mounted in your windshield so check your local laws before you get a ticket. GL

Old 04-18-2007, 05:44 PM

I installed my Valentine One radar detector, using visor clip that goes with it, on the very left edge of the driver's visor near it's pivot point.

Wiring from radar detector goes down the pillar and eventually into the fuse box area where it plugs into a special adapter which you can also plug in a remote display. Positive power lead into the upper part of the rear window wiper fuse, the ground connected to the screw just behind the left edge of the opening to the fuse box area. (Despite appearing so easy to access, I found getting the ground wire attached to this much more of a pain than it first appeared it would. Hard to get a wrench into the right spot to turn the 10mm nut, despite it being so close to the opening.).

The remote display was going to be mounted with velcro on the top of the steering column. However, it sits nicely without attachment to anything at the bottom of the tachometer with the power cord well hidden and I'll likely leave it there as it does not block any indications in that location and is hidden from the front passenger's view.

Bud H

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4WD in Cool Metallic Silver with Black Leather, P2 Luxury, P3 Navigation, P5 Sun and Sound, and F6 Accessory Protection and Tow Option Packages

Old 04-18-2007, 06:42 PM

Antlip, yea... I once got a ticket in Trentonfor all the **** I had hanging from my rearview mirror.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:29 PM

AHHH good old Trenton. My home town. You would think with the problems they have in that city that small **** like obstruction of view would just be over looked. Why waste man power on a stupid traffic violations instead of the drug dealers on the corners and the prositutes?

Old 04-18-2007, 08:33 PM
JMC

I'll keep that in mind. There are plenty of places to mount it, but it's not the best for preformance.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:52 AM

I just bougth a new window mount for my radar. I plan on tucking it in the corner behind my inspection sticker. Driver side for NJ. There should be enough room just under it and the wire should be able to be tucked behind where the pillar and dash meet and run it down from there.

Old 05-27-2007, 05:20 AM
dr.

I've just made the same"hidden" installation of my Bel STi Driver on my new Outlander 2007 as it was on my previous car (Honda CR-V):
- RD is hardwiredby LittelFuse Add-a-Circuit and located insun visor organizer which is obscured with windshield tint strip,
- "emergency" switch is on the top side of the central console cubby (in fact, it's new feature in my installation )

Old 05-27-2007, 09:40 AM

Uhmm - pics?

Old 05-27-2007, 10:21 AM
dr.

Sorry,I'll post some pics tomorrow

Old 05-27-2007, 10:49 AM

I mounted my V1 above the rear view, clipped under the headliner. Almost invisible, and the dots on the windsheild don't affect performance at all. There are many test spots in my area, and it picks them up at the exact same distance as it does when I have it mounted dead center of the windshield. I hard wired mine, soldering it to a wire in the fuse box. BTW, you shoulduse a volt meter or logic probe, nota test light. Test lights are not for cars anymore unless you know what you are testing. Putting a test light on the wrong wire could fry a computer.

Quick Reply: Radar detector wiring - fuse box layout