Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Radiator Replacement Help (Please)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Default Radiator Replacement Help (Please)

I replaced my radiator tonight on my 2003 Outlander and when I went to install the new one I noticed that I had forgotten which trans cooler hose went where. Does anyone know a way to tell or maybe have a picture I can see or does it even matter which one goes where? I commute 1 hr to work so Im nervous about driving it until I know for sure that everything is hooked up right.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Also, if anybody likes brain teasers, the car overheated on the interstate and when I pulled over and popped the hood I found all my antifreeze on the motor. Luckily I caught it pretty quick and it never reached the red on the gauge but I did identify the radiator had a leak around the top seam. Funny thing is, days earlier I noticed the heater was blowing cold air, then the day it over heated it started blowing hot just before it broke down. My only guess is the thermostat (which I replaced also) may have been stuck open and then it somehow became stuck closed the day it overheated. (??) Does that even happen? When I got it home and filled the radiator back up it wouldnt run hot then, actually the temp was optimum, only problem was the seepage around the seam of the radiator so I went ahead and replaced it (obviously). I know, sounds crazy.