Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Rear fender arch protection

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 12:29 AM
Default Rear fender arch protection

I am planning to have 3M bra put on in the blue outline.

Do you think this coverage is overkill? Is there really a need to go higher than the top of the front tire?

kind of looking at the dirt pattern, it should really cover the recessed triangle at the bottom of the rear door.

Attached Thumbnails Rear fender arch protection-outlandersidebra.jpg  
Old 07-30-2012, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by OutlanderGT
I am planning to have 3M bra put on in the blue outline.

Do you think this coverage is overkill? Is there really a need to go higher than the top of the front tire?
I have them installed on the doglegs of the door and the fender. But my installer only went half way up. I wish he would have covered the entire rear door. Going above the door would give great protection but you have to stop somewhere.

If you're travelling on a lot of gravel or dirt roads in my mind these are needed with the mud flaps to protect the paint. You'll still get chips here and there though.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:30 PM

Here is the custom rear fender coverage on the rear door and bottom of the rear quarter panel, you can see the lines if you look carefully, it covers turns in and cover the door gap.

I drove a 60 mile trip on concrete freeway and just happens to see a couple of dust "comets" on the arch. So I am glad there is something protecting the rear fender.

Attached Thumbnails Rear fender arch protection-img_1102.jpg   Rear fender arch protection-img_1103.jpg  
Old 08-21-2012, 01:41 AM

I have a 2007 Australian ZG Outlander. I also have issues with rocks and small debris hitting the door side and rear fenders. Had this bodykit installed. I am not sure though if this is available as well for ZH series

Attached Thumbnails Rear fender arch protection-07092011050.jpg   Rear fender arch protection-07092011048.jpg  
Old 08-22-2012, 05:38 AM

For a cheap "fix" I've heard of people using PlastiDip Clear Coat as a DIY bra/chip protector. The advantage is that it protects well enough but if you ever want/need to remove it for any reason, there are ways to easily do so w/o damagine your factory paint.

google "dip my car" or "dip you car" or "dip my ride" or something along those lines. Those guys have tons of how-to videos for PlastiDipping just about anything you can think of.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:29 PM

I have 3M clearbra living in New Mexico and love it! I got my entire hood, half the fedners front bumper, A-pillars, above the windshield, side view mirrors and the bottoms of the rear doors where they flare out and it works really well. If you do get it, make sure that they wrap the edges under the metal and do the entire hood. The first time mine was done it was not wrapped at the edges and I only went halfway up. Living in the desert, I saw massive lines of dust. After removing and having them wrap the edges and do the entire hood, you can barely see it and no dust lines.

I have NO chips at all. Only twice has it been damaged, a massive rock hit it and it tore a small tiny hole (yet not paint damage) and then when I got too close with a pressure washer. I just got my pearl white GT and wanted to keep it looking nice. Half the roads in New Mexico have rocks and I hate seeing rock chips on my cars.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:07 AM

Friend, a long time ago I protected my Outlander XLS 2008 with a kit of 3M transparent plastic. I ordered this kit directly from my dealer and I installed myself. However, my car had a small accident and the rear fender arch and it has to me repainted and in the process that nice transparent film were damaged. I wonder if you bought this protected kit and know the part number. Could you help?

Old 12-13-2017, 03:17 PM

Hey vrx26, who makes those black fender flares?

Old 05-22-2022, 10:32 PM

Hi vrx26, Where can I get this black fender flares kit for a Mitsubishi Outlander .

Old 05-22-2022, 10:34 PM

Hi Turbo, do you know where to get this black fender flares kit for a Mitsubishi Outlander.

Quick Reply: Rear fender arch protection