Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Rear left window broken white tabs help

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 11:05 PM
Default Rear left window broken white tabs help

hello, i have a question about the white tabs that hold the window in place with the regulator. This is on the rear left glass, both tabs broke and the glass fell inside the door. Everything else works, motor is good. Are these tabs replaceable? Any diy instructions? Where to buy? Any other remedy?

Old 12-26-2023, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Schtozo
hello, i have a question about the white tabs that hold the window in place with the regulator. This is on the rear left glass, both tabs broke and the glass fell inside the door. Everything else works, motor is good. Are these tabs replaceable? Any diy instructions? Where to buy? Any other remedy?

We have a 2005 and this has just happened to use too I can't seem to find the plastic window bracket anywhere the regulator is still working and fine it's just the plastic bracket. Did you fix yours? Where did you find it?

Old 12-27-2023, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by lauren
We have a 2005 and this has just happened to use too I can't seem to find the plastic window bracket anywhere the regulator is still working and fine it's just the plastic bracket. Did you fix yours? Where did you find it?
Hello, well, its been long enough for me to remember exactly what i did back then, but if memory serves me right, i took it to a car glass shop and they replaced the tabs with generic/universal tabs they carry for this purposes. They took the old broken ones out and fit the new ones on the regulator and glued the window to them with urethane silicone i think. Has been working great since. I hope this helps.