Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Recall for back windows problem.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Default Recall for back windows problem.

Mitsubishi Mexico is making a service recall to correct a problem with the mechanism of the back windows that can get to break the crystal. This is due to the intensive use of the back windows that cause that they raise of irregular way, leaving out their guides. My Out has this problem in both windows and will be with the dealer the next week, adjustments the up/down lever mechanism and replacing rubbers. . .

Old 10-30-2008, 07:03 PM
Default RE: Recall for back windows problem.

DAMN!

I hope it's free, keep us updated!

Old 10-30-2008, 07:52 PM

It is without cost for the customer , and will take 1 hour by each window to correct this problem. In Spain it is a great problem and in where alive they are 9 the Out affected. Once corrected I will inform about the situation, meanwhile, my delaer recommended to me not operate the affected windows [:@]

Old 10-30-2008, 10:59 PM

Yeah I already had this issue resolved by a dealer near me. They had to order the parts which came in (USA) within a week. Took less than half a day for them to fix it. The service rep told me the design flaw was that the support that the glass rests on while going up and down is a single centered bolt. This allows the glass to teeter, and becomes an issue when it teeters too much... It almost looks like the rear passenger glass seems to either be getting stuck or is about to fall into the door. The replacement part is a two bolt design that does not allow the glass to teeter.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:05 AM

does this recall also affect US model?

Old 10-31-2008, 07:05 AM

Not heard of this problem with UK / European models, has anyone else??

Old 10-31-2008, 08:01 AM

I've been to the dealer 3 times with this problem (in my case the window only jammed), they lubed it, replaced the trim around the window frame (Because the window had cut into it). Personally I think that the problem is still there just waiting to happen and I am very interested to find out what the recall number is for this since I want to have if fixed permanently.
BTW I have a Canadian 2007, I've been told that back in 2007 Mitsubishi Canada reported into Mitsubishi US, I would assume that the problem is common.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:17 AM

is this problem corrected for the 2008 model year ?

Old 10-31-2008, 08:38 AM

Not sure but I doubt it, last time I had it at the delear for this was about a month ago, if it had been fixed for the 08 you would think that MMC would have had to realize the that this was a problem back in 2007 in order to redesign the 08, and if they didthe recall, or a TSBwould have been out a long time ago and my dealer would have know about it.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:05 AM
tcp

had that problem this spring. They "fixed" it three times on three different occasions. PLEASE give us more information as you get it. It needs to be fixed properly.

Quick Reply: Recall for back windows problem.