Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Recall for back windows problem.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 10:58 AM
Default RE: Recall for back windows problem.

ORIGINAL: ronwill

Not heard of this problem with UK / European models, has anyone else??
In Spain have this problem, and my dealer commented to me that it is at world-wide failure this situation, but did not say to me what models of units are the affected. . .

Old 10-31-2008, 08:26 PM

I have a 2008 that I bought less than 4 months ago. It still affects the 2008 models, and would not be surprised if it was affecting the 09's too. I was fortunate enough to go to a dealer who had already seen this problem on another Outlander and knew exactly which part to order and what needed to be done.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:46 AM

How would you exactly describe this problem? I noticed on my 07 that the rear windows won't completely go down, only 2/3 of the way, which is weird. I wonder if this is normal or that issue you guys are referring to.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:12 AM

The back windows don´t down completely, this is normal; the problem appears when the windows raising, doing it in an oscillating movement, when they must raise of uniform way.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:36 AM

somebody know how to be inform right from mistubishi for all the Recal the car have,
i already reveice a letter from theme, for the cable under the sear ( i have a 2008), but now i move, so is there a online thing that i can registrer to have all the recal ?

Old 11-01-2008, 09:39 AM

there is a page in the user manual, and also one in the maintenance booklet. should be on the front page. it tells you how to contact corporate incase you move so they can continue to inform you of vehicle safety updates.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: cybergoogle

does this recall also affect US model?
It is probable this problem appears in the models U.S., but the recal is specific for the units sold in Mexico, I think that in Mitsubishi will do his own recall in each country to correct this situation. . .

Old 01-04-2009, 07:40 PM

This exact thing just happened to me...window was teetering back and forth, and ended up cutting the black paint of the window frame.

One thing about this problem...we had noticed since it was new that the bottom window frame plastic piece was bowed up in the middle. May be a warning sign of this problem.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:15 PM

has it ever dropped out of the door?

Old 01-10-2009, 08:34 PM

It becomes quite stuck...rather than falling out, I would expect the glass to shatter if you continued to press the "UP" button.

Quick Reply: Recall for back windows problem.