Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Recall Notice on 03 Cooling Fan Controller.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 11:12 AM
Default Recall Notice on 03 Cooling Fan Controller.

Just brought my 03 Outlander in for a tune up and asked the dealer about any possible recalls.

There was one that just came out about replacing the Cooling Fan Controller, the Recall code for the dealer is C0409.

Old 07-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Default RE: Recall Notice on 03 Cooling Fan Controller.

My Outlander started heating up when idle or in slow traffic. The air would also stop blowing cold. Did some research and found this site. Thanks alot ! I called my Mitsubishi Dealer and had him check and my Outlander does need the fan control replaced. Had that done this morning and all works well now. If you think you might have this problem let you engine warm up then turn on the air. When the air is on the fan should be running. Mine wasn't but does now.
Why didn't we get a recall notice on this through the mail, anyone know?

Old 07-10-2006, 07:48 PM

If you bought it used, it's likely Mitsu doesn't follow the second and subsequent owners for recalls. If you bought it new, then it either doesn't apply or Mitsu just sucks at notifications. Every time I take my car in I check for recalls.

Old 07-10-2006, 11:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Sammy100

My Outlander started heating up when idle or in slow traffic. The air would also stop blowing cold. Did some research and found this site. Thanks alot ! I called my Mitsubishi Dealer and had him check and my Outlander does need the fan control replaced. Had that done this morning and all works well now. If you think you might have this problem let you engine warm up then turn on the air. When the air is on the fan should be running. Mine wasn't but does now.

from what my dealer said, the notice was given out to the 03 models only (mine is an 04, go figure), however its good to stop by the dealer every now and then to check on stuff like that

Old 07-10-2006, 11:44 PM

yeah recalls are definitely something to check in on every once in awhile....i usually ask about every other service

Old 07-15-2006, 02:21 PM

they need to fix those fans, suckers screamin wild. even if the engine is in a cold start. awwweee yeah fans screams w/ ignition on. they need to replace module for that ****.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Sammy100

after weeding through 20 pages of posts...which i enjoyed......i found the exact problem i am experiencing .....i hope the fan fixes this problem....thanks.....G

Old 05-25-2007, 02:26 PM
JMC

I had the recall done twice on my '03. I did get a notice in the mail when the '03 was still the new model.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:25 PM

ORIGINAL: JMC

I had the recall done twice on my '03. I did get a notice in the mail when the '03 was still the new model.
did it fix the problem? (if there was one?)

Old 05-25-2007, 06:17 PM
JMC

ORIGINAL: CanadianOutlander

ORIGINAL: JMC

did it fix the problem? (if there was one?)
I though it did the first time...I went back for a oil change and the dealer said they had to do the recall again. I did notice the fan wasn't buggin' anymore.

Quick Reply: Recall Notice on 03 Cooling Fan Controller.