Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Replacing the BCM module - Outlander 2009

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2022, 12:11 PM
Default Replacing the BCM module - Outlander 2009

I’m looking to replace the BCM because it’s causing a current leak when the vehicle is off. Has anyone gotten this issue? I want to take it out first to confirm the part number before ordering. Also, has anyone fixed the circuit itself instead of swapping the whole thing?

Thanks!

Old 01-01-2023, 12:19 PM
Default Bump

bumping thread

Old 01-03-2023, 01:11 PM

So I did some further testing. As I mentioned, the main issue is parasitic drain when the vehicle is off. Removing the IOD fuse "solves" the problem but I hadn't been able to pinpoint the issue.
Today I tried unplugging fuses from the internal (cabin) fuse box to see if I could narrow down the problem but none of them stopped the current drain. Also, I found another forum post where it was mentioned that the Bluetooth module could be causing the issue but I disconnected it completely and still no luck.

It seems like my only option now is to replace the BCM, which I'm not even sure I found. There's a module that could be it on the passenger side with part no. CAB8... (can't read the rest) NJ13. It basically looks the same as this. Although that seems like the fan control module.

In short, the only information I have at the moment is that the IOD circuit is draining battery but still can't find the culprit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.