Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Reputable Extended Warranties

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 03:31 PM
Exclamation Reputable Extended Warranties

Can anyone recommend reputable 3rd party extended warranty companies? Please share your experience/stories.

So far I found this review site can it be trusted? :

www.consumeraffairs.com/auto_warranty/

If there is a trust worthy company you could essentially run your vehicle for the rest of your life with minimal major repair costs. Scams or Legit?

Old 09-27-2016, 10:15 PM

All depends on original warranty.
Had I bought mine new, I would have had 10yr/100k mile warranty...pretty good. Instead I had 5yr/60k mile warranty. Fortunately, the Outlander has been a tank and I can handle maintenance and the few fixes needed.

My Subaru came with 3yr/30k mile warranty...pitiful. We went for an extended "warranty" via Zurich since the finance guy was a vet and my wife ran a mental health dept in the VA...he lowered insurance rate so that extended warranty was essentially a wash with original deal. Extended warranty was for 7yr/125k mile...we were on track to put 25k per year on the vehicle. Fast forward 2.5yrs later, but at 42k miles....issues with brake pedal sensor while starting new job, buying new house, and moving...decided to use the "warranty". Insurance would be a better description. If the repair is covered, I still have a $100 deductible. A waste for small things that go wrong, but handy if there is something a bit more major. Will I do it again? Doubt it.